Sign in to follow this  
PMLukas

A7ii tethered on Android Tablet Sony z4

Greetings,

I have a question about my A7ii. (or a6300) ;)

Is it possible to shoot tethered from my Sony directly to my Sony z4 Tablet.

I have allready tried Play memories, but the picture transfer is realy slow and the liveview is also not the fastest ;)

I want a quick way to Check my Photos on location without carrying my Laptop.

I would like to have a wired solution for this problem.

Also is there a good way to use the z4 as Video Monitor? So i don't have to buy a Atomos or the CLM-FHD5. :D

Thanks in advance.

Lukas

Kinda.

1. There is a sony app, but astonishingly it does not offer live view, only controls while tethered. I'm honestly not sure what Sony was thinking with this, to me this is insane.

2. There is a phase one version just for Sony that is free. This DOES have live view, but I found the app arduous for what I was trying to do at the time. I believe that was at least one version behind and they've made improvements since then. I'll try again and let you know.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By FDC
      I've had my A7ii for about 6 months now and recently am having an issue with the camera auto switching between the eye viewfinder and back screen display.  When set to automatically switch between the two the camera will sometimes only display in the eye view finder even when I hold the camera at arms length to look at the back screen.  This is a pain because I need to look through the eye viewfinder to change my settings, which is more difficult.  I have contacted Sony help through e-mail and they are worthless, I didn't realize that Sony's customer service was so poor.  Anyway, any help with this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
      Frank
    • By Satman_1234
      Hopefully, when released these will be easier to get then the 400mm f/2.8 GM. 
      Not likely to be announced during the 2019 NABShow although, SONY is making an announcement today at 2:oo pm PST
      From Alpha Rumors
      https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/new-sony-patent-discloses-500-f-4-and-600-f-4-e-mount-lens-design/

• By Fank68
      When exporting a RAW image from a7ii to iPhone 7 via imaging edge mobile app my picture info shows jpeg and 1616 x 1080 size. Camera set to RAW compressed. App set to original for "copy info". 
      Pictures imported the same way Feb 26, 19 (prior to app update) imported as RAW 6000 x 4000. The change came out of nowhere. 
      Any input on what may have inadvertently changed? Driving me crazy
    • By Ubo Pakes
      Hi all,
      Since two days I have an issue with the built in flash of my A6300.  I don't use it much, but every now and then I do. What happens is that the flash does not fire and that in the viewfinder, I have the Icon for a flash with an orange dot which mean "Flash charge in progress". I can understand this for an external flash,  but not for the internal. For the record, I have tried many things and with an external flash it works, although sometimes (also recently) I have to fit the flas one or two times on the hot shoe before it connects..  
      Ad yes, silent shooting and so are all off and the problem exists in all flash modes. Any ideas anyone?
      Thanks

Ubo
    • By PANGAEAmedia
      Hi Guys,
      I just wanted to share a Behind the Scene Video I've made back in 2014 and some recent Fashionshoot with a german actress well know for the Netflix Series "DARK"