Comparison Test between Loxia 35mm f/2 vs. Sonnar 35mm f/2.8

iLHP

Hi everyone. We rented the Zeiss Loxia 35mm f/2 and Sonnar 35mm f/2.8 this past weekend and took them out for a spin. I thought I'd share some photos here with this community. The in-depth review is here. http://ilovehatephoto.com/2015/03/03/zeiss-loxia-35mm-f2-0-vs-zeiss-sonnar-35mm-f2-8-lens-review-comparison/ 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

We went to visit the Endeavour space shuttle at the California Science Center. What at sight!

I was surprised to see all the piping and "mechanical-ness" of the main shuttle thrusters. It looked like a complex but still rudimentary engine to me. I somehow thought it would be like a warp drive lol. 

The front maneuvering thrusters were kind of surreal to see in person, since we've all seen movies like 2001 Space Odyssey or Star Wars. The Loxia's 10 blade rounded aperture also produced some nice sunstars from the halogen spotlights. 

There was a pretty sweet Lockheed A-12 Blackbird twin seat trainer at display in the front. It's the only Blackbird trainer ever built. The cockpit reminds me of a X-Wing fighter.

Hope you guys like the photos and the review!