Incompetance of Sony Forum management

Sorry Keith. LAst weekend we noticed that a limited amount of people didn't get their confirmation email. Mainly because some of the services do not recognize GMAIL as a legit mail service and the mail have landed in spam box instead. So we no did the change to make an "approved" new confirmation mail. This is why you got the mail now!

For about four weeks mails were blocked by our service provider without giving us a notice.

My fault that we didn't notice.

After I did I resent a notification to all unverified new members and an apology in an extra message.

This is how we handle such issues.

My suggestion: Take a look around, perhaps you'll reconsider your harsh verdict.

Andreas

Sorry Keith. LAst weekend we noticed that a limited amount of people didn't get their confirmation email. Mainly because some of the services do not recognize GMAIL as a legit mail service and the mail have landed in spam box instead. So we no did the change to make an "approved" new confirmation mail. This is why you got the mail now!

I did check my spam box.  I am not sure why gmail could possibly be considered anything but legit. It is one of the most dominant email providers in the world.

For about four weeks mails were blocked by our

service provider without giving us a notice.

My fault that we didn't notice.

After I did I resent a notification to all unverified n

ew members and an apology in an extra message.

This is how we handle such issues.

My suggestion: Take a look around, perhaps you'll

reconsider your harsh verdict.

Andreas

for KM: 

I disagree. Do NOT look around. Just leave.

You never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st

impression. Sealed deal. G'bye.

DLTDHYAOTWO.

The only American thing left to do is..... CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.

I haven't gotten email notices for all the posted threads I follow for the past 4 weeks or so.

Does that mean I can qualify to join this class action lawsuit?

Wait, I do not live in America. Will that be held against me?

Australia has a free trade agreement with America. Will that go in my favour?

Wait: Like everyone else I did not pay anything to join this forum. Does that go against us?

The fact that I did not receive an email but I can still see all the posts on the Forum itself. Does that go against this Class Action Lawsuit?

I am concerned "our" lawyers will go after us for payment when they find out the people behind this very open Sony Alpha Forum have no assets.

My head hurts, I think I will not join this Class Action Lawsuit after all.

I will take a rest and then take some soothing photos.

That's what I'll do.

:P

David

I did check my spam box.  I am not sure why gmail could possibly be considered anything but legit. It is one of the most dominant email providers in the world.

dominant?  Maybe the worst mail providers in the world, and originate the most amount spam.

Time to take a breath! No need for a flame war.  

Hey Keith - take a breath, too. And as Admin suggests, take a look around and you will see that this forum is overwhelmingly supportive and welcoming with a lot of really warm-hearted and talented people, and with an historic and encyclopedic store of information and wisdom about photography and Sony cameras in particular, but I think our egos were stepped on by your first post. Normally Newbies are gently guided to the information they request, but I think we reacted to your reaction and now everyone's reacting. 

If you read the SonyAlphaRumors "news" comments, you'll see that those posts have a somewhat negative tone, but this forum is much more positive in general. We just got caught up by your abrupt entry. I think if you give us another chance, we'll give you another chance, too.

So let's all take a breath and de-escalate.

(FYI - taking a long breath in, then a very slow, longer exhale, actually activates your parasympathetic nervous system and begins brain activation of the calming mechanisms, this in turn frees the prefrontal cortex of the brain to think more clearly. So, breathing does make you smarter!)

Time to take a breath! No need for a flame war.  

Hey Keith - take a breath, too. And as Admin suggests, take a look around and you will see that this forum is overwhelmingly supportive and welcoming with a lot of really warm-hearted and talented people, and with an historic and encyclopedic store of information and wisdom about photography and Sony cameras in particular, but I think our egos were stepped on by your first post. Normally Newbies are gently guided to the information they request, but I think we reacted to your reaction and now everyone's reacting. 

If you read the SonyAlphaRumors "news" comments, you'll see that those posts have a somewhat negative tone, but this forum is much more positive in general. We just got caught up by your abrupt entry. I think if you give us another chance, we'll give you another chance, too.

So let's all take a breath and de-escalate.

(FYI - taking a long breath in, then a very slow, longer exhale, actually activates your parasympathetic nervous system and begins brain activation of the calming mechanisms, this in turn frees the prefrontal cortex of the brain to think more clearly. So, breathing does make you smarter!)

Okay. I will. Keith