New to forum and Sony

janelux

Photography has been my hobby and passion for about 8 years now.  Up until this month I was a Canon shooter, most recently with the 7D and various lenses.  The weight issue became too much for this Grandmother, so I purchased a Sony A6300 and LOVE it!!  So far I have the 16-50 and 55-210 lenses, but plan to get the 35 1.8 soon.  I love to shoot landscapes and seascapes, flowers and street scenes and often do them in HDR.  I shoot in RAW and do my post processing in Lightroom CC and my HDR in Photomatix Pro.  

Thanks for accepting me into this great forum and I look forward to "meeting" and interacting with you.

"Life is an adventure, not a guided tour"

Hi group,

Just joined and a recent convert t the Sony system. I sold my Nikon's, Canon's, Hasselblad's, Bronica's and Ricoh's and completely went to the Sony system. So far I've purchased the a6300, a7(ir converted) and an a7ii, waiting on an a7r2 to arrive. I have a 28mm, 55mm, and 90mm macro lenses. What is coming with the a7r2 are 24-70mm, 85mm, and 70-200mm GM lenses. Have been using my Sony's for,about 2-3 months now and glad I switched. Definitely not looking back. Less cameras, a whole lot less lenses, and definitely less weight. If you haven't guessed by now I've been around photography for 46 years and started in film/darkroom. Came to the digital world about 3 years ago. Photoshop is a whole lot less smelly and temperature sensitive than darkroom work and you can have "do-overs", in a darkroom you just wasted a piece of paper. Gets expensive at today's prices. I did keep my old Yashica Mat 124 twin lens because it takes super quality photos and I can have the photography students at the college develope them since I donated all the darkroom equipment to them.