No AF Illuminator

I bought the A7II then just recently, the A7RII. One of the big selling points was I could use my A Mount lenses with an adapter. I could allegedly even use Canon and Nikon Lenses with an adapter. I have a sizable inventory of A Mount Lenses, several Carl Zeiss. I bought the LAE4 to start and then the LAE3 for my A Mount lenses.

I shoot a lot of weddings, Proms, and other dark lit events. 

To my dismay I discovered that the AF Illuminator (on the camera body) only works with E Mount lenses.  It is very hard to focus without that Illuminator in a dark lit setting.

The AF illuminator on my F60 or F56 flashes do not work at all on the new Mirrorless cameras. 

I spoke with Sony and they agreed. They do not make a flash that works with A7 series cameras as far as AF Illuminator and only E Mount lenses will enable the  body AF Illuminator on the A7 series. I have an FE 28-70 f3.5-5.6 and FE 55 f1.8. I do not want to buy all new FE Lenses.

Thank God I did not sell my A99 or A77II. The Illuminator on the flash works in all situations

I signed a petition to have Sony fix this problem. 

Anyone out there have an idea. 

Early, I am asked the similar question and I made experiment with focusing and AF Illuminator (lasser pattern from flash). This combination didn't have advantage in focusing speed and accuracy - http://www.sonyalphaforum.com/topic/4088-metz-52-on-sony-a7-af-beam/ 

Probably, requires a new type of AF-assistant. And may be Sony will make it in first professional camera, also are named as "A9".

Guest Jaf-Photo

This is one of the reasons that the A7 series works as a secondary camera to A mount, but not as a standalone system.

You won't hear much about the deficiencies for serious shooting as most of the fans don't do much of that.

This is one of the reasons that the A7 series works as a secondary camera to A mount, but not as a standalone system.

You won't hear much about the deficiencies for serious shooting as most of the fans don't do much of that.

Is there a single a mount lens with aperture control on the lens for serious shooting?
Are not e mount lens users catered for on the A7 cameras for serious shooting?
Who suggested a mount lenses over new e mount ones for all purposes; one of the made up users of that system vouching for it over anything new from Sony for credibility amongst those like you who refuse to buy new Sony gear outright on arbitrary political contentions with it?
Are serious photographers those who are professionals, in which case just how serious are the concert, event and low light shooters who use exclusively AF as opposed to not at all serious all the other professional shooters who do not shoot in those situations but make serious use of e mount cameras?
We have heard this complaint, along with the absolute need for faster extremely low image quality multi-thousand pound multi kilogram tripod only sports variants (identical to Canon) along with articles literally decrying all the progress made by the new camera system, that you have us believe you didn't even notice,
yet nothing regards the serious matter of aperture and focus control (lacking) proper for instance or just matters in common. You are complaining about Sony yet attack the users of the e mount system,
so don't expect to be taken seriously as photographers seeing as you can't even see serious users of a mount still working professionally echoing your serious shooting complaints in their transition to e mount system because presumably either their professional work died out along with that system or they are happy with e mount for serious work instead and don't have such major complaints about it.
You are attacking serious users so as to compel them to suggest further 'deficiencies' instead of answer your baseless complaint.
I suggest you consider the use of the new system AS an ideal mode of operation because you might be stuck in an inoperable one anyway and better off with a system and organisation that tells you that you are right and all otherwise is false (along with those purporting to those other ways and other systems and organisations) when they are, and it is, patently not.