Grey market lens?

Does anyone have any experience with purchasing a grey market Len? I'm actually looking at the Sony Zeiss 55mm lens that is frequently posted on sonyalpharumor's page and wondering if it's a good idea to get a brand new one for $699.

Thanks ahead

Basically there won't be any real warranties - consider this way, if all lenses come with no warranty, and you will have to pay more for the warranty. FE 55 RRP 699, FE 55 with x years manufacturer warranty RRP 899, which option will you pick?

I have bought two grey import lenses, one from Sony one from Sigma, never had a problem, but I can see the potential problems and headaches if there is anything goes wrong with them. Personally, I won't buy grey imported now.

t

Basically there won't be any real warranties - consider this way, if all lenses come with no warranty, and you will have to pay more for the warranty. FE 55 RRP 699, FE 55 with x years manufacturer warranty RRP 899, which option will you pick?

I have bought two grey import lenses, one from Sony one from Sigma, never had a problem, but I can see the potential problems and headaches if there is anything goes wrong with them. Personally, I won't buy grey imported now.

thanks for the input!

you dont have   Sony a7r II on amazon.de, if i search on idealo.de, there is only one shop which sells sony a7rii, only option is grey market, with warranty from noname shop

please tell me can i trust this shop? do i really get 3 years warranty?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Alpha-a7R-II-42MP-4K-Fullframe-PAL-NTSC-Camera-3-Year-Worldwide-Warranty-/121769450599?hash=item1c5a065c67:g:RPoAAOSw0HVWBH~s

Sony Vario-Tessar T*E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS SEL1670Z Carl Zeiss for NEX +55UV *USA*
Started by CoastJun 02 2015 10:16 PM

Hello; I'm Coast, 

I have bought the above lens 

A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging PAID : $749.99 

​I bought it because it said US, I assumed it was an American copy. I found it was in Japanese, but it did say clearly warranty good in Japan only. It was March 2015, The lens was selling everywhere else for $999 (Amazon etc,) but w a 1 yr limited warranty. So I've had these questions for a while maybe the forum can answer. Does this mean we are paying $250 for a 1Yr limited warranty? Or does it mean I got a Hong Kong knockoff ?

I'm not that happy w the lens it looks good, feels good, works good. It's sharper in the center than the kit, but not by that much. I'm pretty impressed w the kit, its power zoom, auto focus, steady shot, pancake size and pretty sharp. The Zeiss does have noticeable barrel effect @ 16mm and w pixel peeking it does have fall off and purple in the corners, but @ $750 I like it @ $1,000 would not so much

my Sony a6000 package bundle I use the Zeiss on I bought it on last cyber Monday 2014 for $750 @ a Best Buy store. I love my a6000

What got me also was your article "Back in stock Zeiss SEL55F18Z + 3 yr warranty for $777

How much of that $777 is the 3 yr warranty?

Thank you very much________Coast

• 2 weeks later...