A7 II Shutter was not firing

Today I was outside with the kids and while snapping few shots all of the sudden pushing the shutter was not do anything! No error no nothing. I have AF focus on back button and I was on continues focus.

Power cycle did resolve the issue and did not happen again, in addition this was first time after new firmware 3.1 upgrade I was shooting with the camera.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And today gut the message "unable to read memory card, re insert card" error and it won't work. Camera works without memory inserted.

I am wondering these are all related to firmware upgrade?!

On the other thought I am thinking maybe it has something to do with my 128GB Sony card since Sony hasn't listed any card with higher than 64 as being supported.

Any idea???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most people fail to format card before 1st use. Cards not in front of me right now but I use both a 128 and 256 card I'm mine without problems but then I always format first to ensure proper communication between card and camera. 4K video shoots no problem.

Most people fail to format card before 1st use. Cards not in front of me right now but I use both a 128 and 256 card I'm mine without problems but then I always format first to ensure proper communication between card and camera. 4K video shoots no problem.

I had the card since January and did format it in camera before use, also every time after transferring files to computer. It failed out of the blue after few shots when I turned the camera off and on. It won't recognized in either computer or camera and disk recovery doesn't help either.

Now I need to figure out how to get it replaced by Sony since their website doesn't have warranty option for memory cards.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Never knew there might be a 64 GB limitation for cards. Never did check camera specs to see if these cards would work. They just did.

attachicon.gifSONYCARD.jpgNever knew there might be a 64 GB limitation for cards. Never did check camera specs to see if these cards would work. They just did.

I didn't know either but found out afterwards while reading the owners manual that it was indicated that up to 64 was tested and suppose to work fine. But in my case the card failed all together rather than camera not supporting it.

By the way mine is exactly same as yours on the left.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I called Sony customer service last week and requested warranty replacement and today I received a new SD card in mail. I believe this is a newer version of what I had, maybe an updated model!

Hopefully this one lasts longer...

5f25bf8547243b2b463527d1f8c99b69.jpg