A7ii or A7iii?

Hi there, I'm new here!

I've seen the A7Rii vs A7Riii post and I wanted to know, should I wait for the A7iii? Will it be available soon? I'm transition from Crop Canon to Full Frame Sony, so the change would be great anyways, but I would be really pissed if I dropped 2k in a camera just so the newer version shows off right away. I've chosen the A7ii as my go to camera because of my budget and needs.

I couldn't find any rumors on the A7iii so that kind of keeps me guessing when it will be in the market!

Thanks for help!

Hi Wency!

I have the A7 II for six months and I am highly satisfied with it! I use it mainly with primes  (16 mm FE with Adapter LA-EA4 / 35mm ZA / 55 mm ZA / 90 mm G Macro) for special photo projects and events.

For my journeys I use two A6000 cameras.

Don´t wait for a A7 III. Nobody knows when it comes. And when it comes, you have two alternatives: keeping as a backup camera or selling. These cameras are relatively stable in value, look at the prices on the used market to.

Good luck!

Guest Peter Kelly

If you need it, buy it, use it, and enjoy it.

If you don't need it simply wait until you do; by then the next model may be released.

Sometimes I think we create our own difficulties and, in such times, we need to be honest with ourselves. If you can learn to do that and have no regrets life becomes a whole lot easier!

I honestly think Sony will take a year off from releasing new bodies and focus on marketing lenses. So if it was me I would just go for the a7ii. I honestly cant find much else they can add to a7iii that would be a VAST improvement besides 4k.

So just ask yourself if you need 4k now vs. later.

I honestly think Sony will take a year off from releasing new bodies and focus on marketing lenses. So if it was me I would just go for the a7ii. I honestly cant find much else they can add to a7iii that would be a VAST improvement besides 4k.

So just ask yourself if you need 4k now vs. later.

If you need 4K go for the A7S II or A7R II, they are here now, however at premium cost.