channel bleed on Sony XLR-K2M

Hi - I have a Sony A7s mkii, and a Sony XLR-K2m.

I'm using channel 1 XLR, with the K2M set to channel 1, but on playback I get horrible pre-amp (?) bleeding from channel 2, which I can diminish by converting to dual mono on Final Cut Pro X but would be much happier to not have this extra stage.

Any suggestions on how to set the K2M, or the A7s mk ii, to get a nice clean signal?

Thanks.

Try turning input 2 to Off then change REC CH SELECT to CH1•CH2.  This eliminates any cross talk noise from on open and unused XLR port and records in dual mono in camera which will save you a step in post.

Try turning input 2 to Off then change REC CH SELECT to CH1•CH2.  This eliminates any cross talk noise from on open and unused XLR port and records in dual mono in camera which will save you a step in post.

Thanks for that, 'mbritt'.

I don't have my camera and recorder with me at the moment, but I believe I tried that and still got the audio interference on one channel, not dual mono. But I'll certainly have another look at that tomorrow.

Yep, I tried that and still got the interference on one channel, even though it was switched off, input volume down to zero. I'm sending the unit back, hoping it was a particular unit at fault.

Thanks.

I am having the exact same issue unfortunately. In addition the Input 2 does not seem to work at all - I am trying to record with the shotgun and a Seinheiser at the same time but channel 1 is the only one that will work. 

Ah okay.  I've only had my unit 3 weeks, so I'll send it back.

Is yours still in warranty? It may be a batch flaw?

• 1 month later...