A7S + Leica 90mm Summicron

dancook

This morning I received this beautiful lens in the post, I decided to take it out for some street photography..

I think my love for the IQ is blinding my ability to be picky with photos... but I don't care, it's new, it's exciting..

16403508088_91ae7bb9a5_b.jpgPondering by dancook1982, on Flickr

16590123242_69f421d6e3_b.jpgDSC02939 by dancook1982, on Flickr

16404974939_9a1cd5f6d9_b.jpgDSC02971 by dancook1982, on Flickr

16403573848_dbb650a4d5_b.jpgDSC02964 by dancook1982, on Flickr

Great pictures! Just curious do you walk up to people and ask them if you can take a picture or just do so?

I like street portraits but I don't really know how to go about it

Thanks, I try to be discrete when taking a photograph - as not to interfere with the scene. I don't ask permission :)

Typical for LEICA users, they can't stand any critical comments!

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder?

Canon 5D Mk3 - Canon 200mm f2.0 - Canon 135mm f2.0 - Canon 85mm f1.2 II - Carl Zeiss 21mm 2.8 - Canon 40mm 2.8 Pancake

Sony A7S - Voigtlander Nokton 35mm 1.2 II - Voigtlander 35mm 2.5 P II - Leica 90mm Summicron preASPH - Sony 55mm 1.8 FE - Samyang 14mm 2.8

I have .. one Leica branded Lens

I chose Leica M-Mount because it's relatively compact for great IQ in comparison to fast DSLR lenses.

Canon 5D Mk3 - Canon 200mm f2.0 - Canon 135mm f2.0 - Canon 85mm f1.2 II - Carl Zeiss 21mm 2.8 - Canon 40mm 2.8 Pancake

Sony A7S - Voigtlander Nokton 35mm 1.2 II - Voigtlander 35mm 2.5 P II - Leica 90mm Summicron preASPH - Sony 55mm 1.8 FE - Samyang 14mm 2.8

I chose Leica M-Mount because it's relatively compact for great IQ in comparison to fast DSLR lenses.

Thank you telling us about your massive photo gear! I just want to mentioned, that street images like you've shot, can be done even with any other similar focal length of no name cheap lenses! I guess, you have paid for your new LEICA glass an good amount of money. No wonder, that your reaction is kind of aggressiv !

Thank you telling us about your massive photo gear! I just want to mentioned, that street images like you've shot, can be done even with any other similar focal length of no name cheap lenses! I guess, you have paid for your new LEICA glass an good amount of money. No wonder, that your reaction is kind of aggressiv !

I'm not being aggressive i'm just trying to understand your motivation.

The Leica lens cost me £650, how cheap do you want a 90mm f2 to be?

I'm not being aggressive i'm just trying to understand your motivation.

The Leica lens cost me £650, how cheap do you want a 90mm f2 to be?

I don't care about the LEICA lens price levels, they are all over estimated anyway!

There is no motivation about your street photography, for my taste it is an useless and dangerous photographic field at these days, at least in my Country!

I don't care about the LEICA lens price levels, they are all over estimated anyway!

There is no motivation about your street photography, for my taste it is an useless and dangerous photographic field at these days, at least in my Country!

Since when does a hobby have to be useful?

I might ask what photographs you expected to be in the "adapted lens showcase" forum. Personally I like to see that people are happy using a lens and that it doesn't seem to have any problems on a body it wasn't designed for. 

But I can see you don't seem to care for the use of Leica lenses, so I don't even know when you came in this thread, it obviously isn't for you.

Since when does a hobby have to be useful?

I might ask what photographs you expected to be in the "adapted lens showcase" forum. Personally I like to see that people are happy using a lens and that it doesn't seem to have any problems on a body it wasn't designed for. 

But I can see you don't seem to care for the use of Leica lenses, so I don't even know when you came in this thread, it obviously isn't for you.

I must apologise, I am an happy adapted lens user too, but it is not the lens, this kind of simple "street photography" can be seen every day from many routine security control cameras! But O.K. fine with me, keep on shooting with your LEICA glass?