Alpha mk I vs mk II Lens Mount Tolerance (warning about Metabones FD Adapters)

FDP

I have now tried two copies of Metabones' Canon FD-Sony E Adapter (Part# MB_FD-E-BM1) on my Sony cameras. This adapter fits comfortably on the Sony a6000 body, however on the A7Rii it does not properly fit and to my horror it appeared to scratch the front surface of the lens mount. I have several other Metabones adapters for Sony E (Nikon F, C/Y) that do not have this issue, and generally I find the quality of the Metabones adapters to be better than competing brands - certainly better than the lower end brands, but also better than the Novaflex adapters that cost ~2x as much. This issue brings up two questions:

• I wonder if the tolerance on the old Sony E mount is looser than on the updated mk ii lineup (A7II, A7RII, A7SII, a6300). I know that Sony improved the rigidity of the mount in the update, I wonder if anyone else has noticed a commensurate tightening of tolerances (meaning other old adapters may also now fall out of spec). 
  • Has anyone else had issues with the Metabones Canon FD adapter on the mk ii full frame E-mount bodies? As many FD lenses are of low quality I would imagine that these adapters get mostly purchased for the less expensive bodies, but as there are some excellent FD mount lenses available I am hoping that somebody else has tried one of these on an A7Rii.

The issue I experienced was unacceptable and I would caution other users to try Metabones adapters in-store before trying to use them on their own kit. 

Regards, 

FDP