Hello from BC Canada!

ForkliftJeff

Hello all. I live in White Rock, B.C. Canada. Me and my wife just bought a Sony A6000 that came with 2 lenses. This is a big step up from our point and shoot cameras and our iPhones. I can't wait to start messing around with it and taking beautiful pictures. We mainly decided to get this style camera so we can take excellent pictures for a trip to Rarotonga in the Cook Islands this March. But also I just love getting the best pictures possible. I loved messing around with the settings on my cameras and playing with the lighting to get the perfect shot. I've even used my cameras looking through my binoculars just to get a picture a little off in the distance. I'm gonna have a bunch of questions and hoping this is the place to get answers. Talk to you all soon.

Nice to see someone else on here from BC. I must say I was, lived in Duncan (on the island). I'm now in Michigan and would love to get back out on the coast. There is so much out there to photograph. I started in the mid 50"s on Vancouver Island and have been doing it since. I am sure you will like your new camera as I have become a real fan of Sony. I currently have 3, an Alpha 300, an Alpha 77 and just picked up an Alpha 7ii. I see too that you are headed for what should be a fantastic journey. I wish you all the best and look forward so seeing some of your shots on this site.

Thanks for the replies guys. I can't wait for some free time to get out in the actual daylight for some photos. So far I've just been messing around in the house taking pictures of my pets. Once I get things figured out I will post some pictures for sure.