Sony Registration

Rupp2015

Humbug! I wanted to get this off my chest before it gets any later today. This being the season of receiving, I had a camera body to register with Sony. I signed in, and entered my model number, date of purchase, and place of purchase. I was then taken to a marketing survey. No request was made for a serial number. Why does it matter? Well, when my a7II died during the last firmware update (and yes, I was doing it correctly) it took two days to get a warranty repair number from Sony, and three weeks to get the camera back. Part of the initial problem was having to prove purchase again, even though the camera was "registered". It just seems to me that Sony's customer service is not being improved as fast as its imaging products–and it should be. More service, less marketing, please.

I am still having trouble trying to download "apps", from a Mac running the latest version of OS X. It has become a little easier, but even finding out about firmware updates is pretty random. Finding sony support sites is, well, confusing. Sony cameras are being marketed as if they are suitable for pros, but the accessories and support systems are pure high end consumer. Time to step uo Sony! Give us all a present: better customer support, clearer information, and work better with other imaging products. Thank you.

Even though Sony is not my primary system, three bodies, four lenses, and other accessories gives me enough skin in the game to gripe about this.