a6000 on burst mode with remote

Hi,

I'm looking to get a6000 to replace my 5N.

Main use is to shoot my daughter when she's playing sports.

She plays as a goalie, so earlier I have just put the 5N to all manual to get the best burst rates.

And I've always used a tripod.

Now with a6000 & 70-200G F4 (cropped to 105-300) lens I'm also hoping to get a remote.

But I haven't been able to find anywhere if it is possible to shoot burst mode with any remote.

It doesn't matter if the remote is wired or wireless.

Do you guys have any experiences on this matter?

Thanks!

-Jarno

If you have a smartphone (Apple or Android) with WIFI you can use it together with the PlayMemories App.

That is one possibility, though I've heard that there are maybe some connection issues.

And I really would like it to be a dedicated solution.

Are you sure that with the app you have burst mode available?

In increasing order of speed:

-Smartphone remote: 1 shot every 2 seconds at best from what I've seen. Single-shot only.

-Intervalometer app: doesn't do faster than 1fps.

-Wired remote's intervalomer: doesn't do faster than 1fps.

-Infrared: On my 5N I can get 1.6fps if it's only saving JPGs. A6000 may well be faster - only $4 on eBay to try it out and nice to have even if you don't use it for this purpose.

-Wired remote: Likely identical to infrared, probably better for this purpose than "must point at front of camera" Infrared.

-USB-tethered: If it insists on transferring each shot to the PC before shooting the next pic you'll get barely 0.5fps - BUT I see the software does have the option to change the Drive Mode. If Continuous is available you might get 11fps.

Can someone with an A6000 please try it out and let us know? Remote Camera Control is a free download at https://www.sony.com.au/support/product/ilce-6000 .

-Video: 60fps is fastest of all  ;-)

Are you sure that with the app you have burst mode available?

Sorry, I missed the burst mode.

It is not possible. And as it is also not possible to switch of the transfer of a picture it takes two seconds until you can shot the second photo.

Thanks for the video!

Patrick is really good at pointing out the right stuff.

But it seems really bizarre that you can not have a remote with full burst mode.

All it really does is that it replaces the pressing of the shutter button.

So how is that limited to 1fps??

I just want to shoot on remote with burst mode and store the pictures to the camera, just like using the shutter button.

To clarify more my setup now is:

- Tripod

- Camera (currently: Nex-5N, looking to replace with a6000)

- Kit lens 18-55 or 55-210 (looking to replace these with 70-200G 4.0)

- Manual focus

- Burst mode

I just point the camera to the correct spot, zoom in if necessary, focus it manually, and shoot manually when needed, this way I get the max frame rate on NEX-5N. With a6000 I'll probaply leave it to AF-C.

This requires me to be really close to the tripod and reach for the camera and the shutter button.

It would be really cool to have a remote and shoot with it just by sitting down and not having to reach for the shutter button.

I was guessing that atleast with a wired remote this would be possible, also maybe with a wireless remote too.

Is it really so that you dont get full burst mode with any remote?

-Jarno

Hi,

I'm looking to get a6000 to replace my 5N.

Main use is to shoot my daughter when she's playing sports.

She plays as a goalie, so earlier I have just put the 5N to all manual to get the best burst rates.

And I've always used a tripod.

Now with a6000 & 70-200G F4 (cropped to 105-300) lens I'm also hoping to get a remote.

But I haven't been able to find anywhere if it is possible to shoot burst mode with any remote.

It doesn't matter if the remote is wired or wireless.

Do you guys have any experiences on this matter?

Thanks!

-Jarno

Hi Jarno,

I use the Sony RM-VPR1 wired remote with my A6000 and yes it works in burst mode.  Here's a link:  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/925709-REG/sony_rm_vpr1_remote_control_with_multi_terminal.html

~KIMMIEnFLORIDA

https://www.flickr.com/photos/53959117@N04/