Good lenses for video / bokeh? Budget under $110

tdesws

Hi, I decided to try out legacy lenses, since they are so much cheaper and they will increase my camera handling skills, right now i'm looking for something between 20mm-50mm for video and portraits, what i need is:
F to be at least 1.8

Good bokeh 

Sharp images

My camera is Sony A6000

This is the shop where i'm planning to buy from: http://leicashop.com/vintage_en/catalogsearch/result/?order=name&dir=asc&q=jena+exakta

So tell me which lens would you recommend and why?

Canon FD 50mm f1.4... should be around 50$ on ebay or something like that. The store you link seems a little more expensive. I paid 40$ for my 50/1.4.

The reasons why? It's probably the cheapest f1.4 lens ever. And it's quite sharp and nice bokeh.

Canon FD 50mm f1.4... should be around 50$ on ebay or something like that. The store you link seems a little more expensive. I paid 40$ for my 50/1.4.

The reasons why? It's probably the cheapest f1.4 lens ever. And it's quite sharp and nice bokeh.

Are you talking about these lens?

http://www.skelbiu.lt/skelbimai/canon-fd-50mm-f-1-8-sony-nex-aparatui-16488829.html

I found it in my own city, would easier to buy it right away

EDIT: just noticed that it's 1.8... my bad

The linked store looks to be rather useless.

Given a choice between that inventory and

buying sight-unseen online, online is the far

better option. 

Given your budget and your intentions, you 

can't really do business with that shop. 

Real video lenses can be expensive. Within

your budget you will end up with a still photo

lens. Don't worry about bokeh. Fussing over

the texture of out-of-focus imagery isn't an

option when your options are so limited.

`

Are you talking about these lens?

http://www.skelbiu.lt/skelbimai/canon-fd-50mm-f-1-8-sony-nex-aparatui-16488829.html

I found it in my own city, would easier to buy it right away

EDIT: just noticed that it's 1.8... my bad

The 1.8 is a cracker, too! You'll probably only find a 50mm in your price range with a large aperture. I got a Pentax SMC 50/1.4 in a thrift shop for $15 - that's something to look for...you might need to clean out a bit of fungus!

Some lenses you can take out the little ball bearing that makes the clicks for the aperture, so you can do aperture pulling on video. I don't know about FD, I think they're a bit more complicated.

• 1 month later...

I just shoot stills, but am extremely pleased with my Nikon 50mm 1.8 AIS lens. In fact, I am selling my Canon 50mm 1.4 FD, because the Nikon was so much sharper. Note: the Nikon is an AIS lens, and not an AI. I tested the Nikon and the Canon on my A7m2 using a good tripod. Neither lens was real sharp wide open. The Nikon was fairly sharp at 2.8, and very sharp at f4. BTW, I wanted the Canon to be sharper, because it was faster, and looked awesome on my A7 (or A6000). I'm not suggesting you can't get a good photo with the Canon. In fact, the Canon might be ideal for portraits, because of the degree of sharpness, and the nice bokeh it renders. Anyhow, hope this helps, and happy shooting!

markphoto4u