Does your a7R II have audible noise when powered on?

http200

I just got my a7R II today, but I noticed it keeps having noise sound when powered on if you put your ear close to the grip area. The sound not loud, but audible when you put your ear close to it.

I thought it because of the IBIS, but even I turn the IBIS off, I can still hear the sound.

Doesn't the camera automatically use IBIS to clean the sensor each time you turn it on, regardless of IBIS being on or off ?

Yes, but I meant the continuous sound while powered on. The sound is very little, I need to put the grip close to my ear to hear the sound.

Yep, mine has a sound too.

And probably it's because of IBIS. Even when turned off, the camera is built different than DSLRs without IBIS. The sensor isn't fixed in the body. It's actually floating. When you turn the camera on it also turns on the electromagnets used to control the sensor. That instantly puts it in the standart position which makes the sound.

Yep, mine has a sound too.

And probably it's because of IBIS. Even when turned off, the camera is built different than DSLRs without IBIS. The sensor isn't fixed in the body. It's actually floating. When you turn the camera on it also turns on the electromagnets used to control the sensor. That instantly puts it in the standart position which makes the sound.

Thank you, but I didn't mean the 1 sec sound when the electromagnets started working, I meant the continuous sound while powered on, the sound lasts as long as I keep the power on. The sound is very little, I need to put the grip close to my ear to hear the sound.

http200--  I'll be doggone, it does it on mine too.  You're right in that it is so faint one has to put one's ear up to the camera to hear it, and I listened to it for about 20 seconds and it didn't go off.  It could be the 5-axis anti-shake.  -DA42

Thank you  :D