Smart Remote Control Connection problems

I'm not successful connecting to my a6000 using Smart Remote Control. I get "cannot get status of camera" whenever I try.

Have 2.0 firmware update on camera, have latest Playmemories app on iPhone 6+ (iOS 9.1), and have downloaded through camera the latest version of Smart Remote Control.

I can connect with the F2 button on a6000 to send photo to iPhone using the ad hoc network created - but cannot get Smart Remote camera app to do this.

Anyone have any success with the a6000 and the iPhone 6?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for responding. I solved the problem by trying to connect using another iPhone. Worked! Then it seems once a new ad hoc network was established with that new phone, Playmemories app on my iphone6 was able to now connect. My guess was something was stuck in the Playmemories app and/or my a6000 that prevented the connection. Wish Sony tech help could have solved this problem. I believe a quick way to solve it would be to go to Menu-->WiFi-->#2-->SSID/PW Reset. Should have tried that from the start......

• 3 years later...
On 1/31/2016 at 7:18 PM, TerryNick said:

Thanks for responding. I solved the problem by trying to connect using another iPhone. Worked! Then it seems once a new ad hoc network was established with that new phone, Playmemories app on my iphone6 was able to now connect. My guess was something was stuck in the Playmemories app and/or my a6000 that prevented the connection. Wish Sony tech help could have solved this problem. I believe a quick way to solve it would be to go to Menu-->WiFi-->#2-->SSID/PW Reset. Should have tried that from the start......

Thank you so much for ur monologue, it helped so far...... I Have  notice this issue yesterday and seeking for answers today... I never had problem with 6 but now I have those with 8, so I cant connect my camera... Its so disappointing that RESET didn't helps. I thought perhaps its something to do with new PlayMemories APP? What it could be , may some one give me an answers.

• 7 months later...