Lens Advice for Sony a7sII

Just got my a7sii. I'm interested in getting lenses that will give me better auto focus. I know that you need Sony glass for that.

This Sony 24-70 f2.8 is PERFECT except the wrong lens mount! Why isn't it an E mount?! I guess I could get that and get an A-E mount adapter. Seems wrong to buy an adapter for a Sony lens to a Sony camera.

I guess my question is if anyone believes that the A7sII auto focus is good enough to buy Sony glass for. I love the idea, and love what I have seen from the a7RII and its autofocus, but is it worth buying new glass for?

Any suggestions at all for a dream lens kit for the a7sII please share thanks! 

i have the La-ea4 lens adapter and it works great with A-lenses and Sony e-mount A7 series

if you have already a-mount glass it is a no brainer

if you want to buy a good e mount lenses i would go for a prime lens like FE55mm F1.8  or  FE28mm F2 depends on your shooting stile 

and a good zoom lens......hmmmm......FE 70-200 F4

Guest Colin Scott Johnson

I had pretty much all the best Sony/Zeiss glass when I owned my A7s.

Favorites were the 16-35 F4, 35F2.8, 55 F1.8 and 70-200 F4.

I have an A7s II coming and already have an A7r II and my Batis 25mm F2 comes tomorrow :)

The Sony 24-70 and the Batis 25mm autofocus nicely in video mode on the A7S2. Much more slowly and deliberately than a Canon lens on a Canon camera, but like the look and I don't shoot sports. I was unable to get the 24-240 lens to autofocus in video mode at all when trying it at Samy's camera and none of the Canon lenses I tried will autofocus in video mode on the A7S2 with a Metabones IV,  They both work for stills, not quickly however. Has anyone had luck with Canon glass or the Sony superzoom in video mode on the A7S2?

• 3 weeks later...

Don't put cheap lenses on that $3k body. I'm currently shooting with a7r II + a7s(looking forward to upgrade to a7s II when the price drop). I would highly recommend Batis 25&85mm. Sony/Zeiss FE 55mm. The Sony FE 16-35 f4 OSS is not bad at all when comparing to Canon 16-35 f4 IS.

Since the day my Batis lenses ariived, I didn't removed the Batis 25mm from my a7r II and 85mm still stay on my a7s. Sold the FE28mm few after.