A7siii stopped reading my memory cards.

I've been testing a new audio set up. I filmed for about 10 minutes then took my SD card out (Sony TOUGH) and transferred that footage onto my computer. Took the same card out of my computer and put it back into my camera, but my camera said it's unable to read the card. To my surprise, it was suddenly unable to read ANY of my cards (a few Lexar Pro's, a Sandisk, and another Sony TOUGH card.) Those same cards worked perfectly in my FX30, but for some reason the A7Siii wouldn't read them. 

I reset the A7Siii and everything seems to be working again. Has anyone else had this issue? 

That's not normal behaviour.

I recently had a weird thing happen: I put a card in my A1 and tried to show the images on it, but it reported that it could not show them. I realised the images were taken using the A7RV, and maybe the A1 cannot show those (I'm a bit surprised, but not bothered.

Back to your problem.

Did you change the card in anyway in the computer? Formatting it on the computer would be a bad idea; but even letting the computer write files to it could be the problem.

If you can format the cards in the camera that should make them readable, but I suspect you want to retain the content.

I wasn’t able to format the card. It just kept the same error message on the screen. Didn’t format them in the computer. It seemed odd that 1) I had transferred footage twice from the card to computer with no issue and then suddenly it wouldn’t read and 2) I could take the card that my a7siii wouldn’t read and put it into my fx30 and have no problems, then back to the a7siii and boom: unreadable. 

If your A7 can format a NEW, UNUSED card, then it appears that the problem is incompatibility between the two cameras' systems.

You can solve the problem by using different cards in each camera -- a nuisance, but other people deal with this all the time because they use more than one system.

If your A7 can't format a NEW, UNUSED card, then there is something wrong with the A7, and getting it fixed probably will solve the problem.