Sony A7siii Pink Vertical Lines in the Highlights

Hi everyone. I wanted to reach out and see if anyone else was struggling with this issue. I have been having pink vertical lines baked into my footage lately and it is only when the highlights are overexposed. I can bring the highlights back down and the pink lines will disappear, but any other time it is there. It can be the sky, lights, bright walls, doesn't really matter. If it is pretty bright light the lines will appear. I have attached an example for everyone to review. View Image Here

I had this problem today too. I was shooting in S LOG3 and when I went to edit my footage I noticed that when messing with the highlights the link boxes appear. Could it possibly the continuous auto focus as i can see the boxes kind of go over certain zones on the footage like it's trying to focus but it's odd that the pink/green boxes show up on captured footage

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Interesting. I will go out and try turning to MF and see if that changes anything. Your photo is definitely same problem I am experiencing. I am going to try to reach out to Sony and see if I can't get an answer from them as well. 

**Update - contacted Sony support and they were not much help on the matter at all. They basically said just don't overexpose 🤯. Life altering fix. 

Edited by Alawnzzo