A7RV tethering to Capture 1 Pro for Mac & iPad, jpgs only?

I only shoot raw with my newly-purchased A7RV, as well as my A7R3.

I CAN import Sony raw files to C1Pro 23, either by using a card reader OR, by setting my Sony USB settings to MASS STORAGE.  No Problems, works well with either camera.

-Problem is, IF on the A7RV, I tether to my Mac or iPad Pro (Still set to raw), the A7RV will ONLY shoot and transfer a low resolution JPG to C1Pro 23.  A7RV IS still set to RAW, and any of the various raw file options available in C1Pro settings. JPGS are NOT selected (NO Raw+Jpg).

-In Camera information under TETHERING in C1Pro 23,  RAW is selected in ALL areas where I have an option to select different file formats.

-In the naming convention options window on C1Pro 23, the sample file name always appends to JPG, but raw is selected in C1Pro everywhere else!!

-My A7R3 has NONE of these issues tethering to the Mac or iPad Pro.  I set raw, it tethers my raw file.

This is a huge, frustrating issue.  I need to tether the A7RV to C1Pro 23.

I think there is another setting (and no, it's not the "frustrating photographer = Yes" setting!).

I have only heard this one mentioned by others, but I have read of a setting that controls how large a file can be transferred over a tether connection - that's why it sends a medium size JPEG. Have a look in the networking settings, I think.

So, very good news on this Wednesday morning, thanks in-part to your suggestion that I troll the Network settings on the RV.    Upon my initial search, I found in Network

USB-LAN/Tethering then Tethering Connection.   When I enabled this option, the camera says I need to connect my USB-C cable.  When I did that, Capture One said no camera connected. 

So, I started trolling other options in the Network family of options and found...

(3 screenshots) Network option #1 Cnct./PC Remote, Remote Shoot Setting,  Save Image Size, ORIGINAL.  When the camera was only tethering jpgs to capture one, instead of ORIGINAL, JPG was the selected option. Now all is well on iPad & MacBook Pro.

Kinda weird because on my A7R3, tethering always worked without having to muck around in Sony's convoluted menu system.

I owe you a beer!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I'm glad I sort of helped - I recalled seeing someone talking about a networking setting, but I didn't remember where I saw it, and a quick search didn't find it. Now that you have explained it (thank you for that!) I can see why - I sure wasn't searching for that!

I guess there is some kind of logic to having all these controls, but it can be tough finding the one you need sometimes!

Yeah, I get frustrated with the convoluted Sony menu system on a daily basis.  Like the command referenced in this post.  Why the option is there is beyond me.  It was never heard of or needed for my A7R3, and if a pro is shooting tethered, the camera should default to whatever resolution you’re shooting, not some dumb-ass low res jpg.  Plus I wasted over an hour of time trying to find the solution!    

A small benefit… interacting with fellow posters and further improving my enjoyment of this stellar camera!