May I introduce myself?

SAF Admin

Hi everyone!

The Sony Alpha Forum is still very new but we already have 50 members (November 3rd) plus some spammers...

While we are still not so many, I'm really curious who you are (and I'm sure you are curious too).

What about a short introduction of you?

Where are you from?

Why did you join?

Have you got a blog or Flickr account where we can see your pictures?

I'd really appreciate if you drop a short reply in this thread or start a new thread in this section (if you have more to tell)

TIA

Andreas the Admin

OK, I'll start!

My name is Andreas, I'm 48 years old and I'm living with my family in Bonn, Germany.

I started the International Leica Forum about 14 years ago as a kind of hobby or side business.

Since 2008 my photo communities are my main business, the Sony Alpha Forum is #4.

#2 and #3 are the German only Systemkamera Forum and Fuji X Forum.

If you have any questions, suggestions or complaints about the Sony Alpha Forum:

Please send me a PN! I'm happy to help!

Andreas

Any assurances that this will not be yet another time waster?

Nothing is for sure in life.

And: It's hard to make predictions, especially about the future. ;)

But: We are two admins, each of them running several really big photo sites with 10,000s of users.

I don't want to sound arrogant, but if anyone has a chance to launch a successful new platform - it's us ;)

Time will tell  - and we depend on you to make this an active community!

But this is OT here - anyone who wants to introduce himself / herself?

Andreas

Greetings from the UK.  My name is Simon but I prefer to be called Si.  As a passionate Sony camera owner I regularly follow SAR and the idea of a forum for news and photographs is a very appealing one, hence I joined.

I have a blog, http://slawrencephotographyblog.comand a website where a lot of my photographic work is displayed.

Looking forward to being an active member.

Si

Nothing is for sure in life.

And: It's hard to make predictions, especially about the future. ;)

But: We are two admins, each of them running several really big photo sites with 10,000s of users.

I don't want to sound arrogant, but if anyone has a chance to launch a successful new platform - it's us ;)

Time will tell  - and we depend on you to make this an active community!

But this is OT here - anyone who wants to introduce himself / herself?

Andreas

Hmm..

I have been active here: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

I am more interested in photpgraphy than a brand.  A few years ago when Panasonic came up with the first liveview cam G1, I was an early adopter, then NX from Samsung for a larger sensor then the disasterous NEX-5.  I dumped that and Sony E for an year or two.  NEX-7 started my interest in SOny E (I am an A mount system user).  The A7r and A7 now has made these cameras more or less main users along with a Leica MM.

I will log in to check SAR's posts.  I will wait and watch how things develop here. :)

Hi  my name is Bammes

Presently in the process of evaluating Sony both the A 7/A7 R  and the A 6000.  Own some legacy glass mainly Zeiss 85 1.4  60 Macro 2.8 (1:1) and a Kiron 70 to 210  all Contax mount as well as a Leica SL Summicron 50 2.0 in original mount   (sold both my Contax RTS and Leicaflex hardware) 

Need some wide angle  to supplement this line up   Possible zoom with the 16-30 4 (but money is an issue)  or fixed in the 25 to 35 range (legacy glass like Minolta or Contax

of potential interest) 

Any guidance

on wide angle lenses and on adapters    

my style of shooting is landscapes and I have interest in Macro

Hello, my name is Mike and from sunny West Palm Beach, Florida :D

Shooting since early 2012 and still consider myself a noobie but am getting there. Started with an A390 then dove into an A55 and now currently have an A99. Have been kicking around the idea of switching over to the A7 series with the appeal of carrying around a smaller lighter camera. But may now wait with the newest news of a new FF E mount camera early net year.

My name is Dagmar and I am an active member of the fuji-x100-forum.de.

Where are you from?

Switzerland

Why did you join?

I do have a couple of system cameras and by chance, also a Sony a7 plus an a6000, as well as loads of adaptable glass ,-)

picasaweb.org/dbaechli

instagram.com/debArtCH

I wrote a short, yet incomplete summary on my experience with the a7, which you can find here, in case you are interested or haven't seen it already:

http://debartch.tumblr.com/post/72672846403/sony-a7-voigtlander-and-sony-zeiss-fe-lenses

I will try to participate as much as possible, happy about the nice side effect to be able to practise my English and to hopefully meet some minds thinking alike..

Hello from Turkey.. :) My forum name is also my first name.

I'm an avid Sony user with Sony Alpha A55, several A mount lenses and a miraculous RX100 mk2. I follow SAR for a long time just like every Sony camera owner should.

I own a recently established camera/lens comparison site ( http://www.photoagainstphoto.com) which I develop in my freetime and try to enrich with new comparison photos whenever I find a chance to use a new lens. (mostly A mount since I'm a A mount user)

I hope this forum will be more successful than the previous one and also wish it will be converted to vbulletin someday. :lol:

Hello, my name is Harry, born in Germany but now live in upper Vermont. I love photography and teach visual arts at Lyndon College. I own Leicas, Leica lenses, Hasselblads, Nikon, and recently a Olympus EM1. Looking at the A6000 and the A7R. Trying to figure out which one to purchase. Researching the difference between the E and EF mount lenses. Interested in hearing your comments on the Sony system. Thank you all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andreas, and Forum Members,

Hello,

I have been shooting with Konica/Minolta and now Sony Camera's for Years.

First was a Minolta SRT101 FIlm, last film was my Maxxum 8000i

Minolta Z1 was my first digital camera

Konica Minolta 7D - LOVE IT

A900 - LOVE IT

Four A77 bodies (some other time its a LONG story)

Now A77MII

Joined to learn more about my equipment and photography techniques, hints,tricks, from others using the equipment.

My favorites are Planes, and Cars, with some scenic and any other opportunities

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fbergess

My A77MII behaves very differently than my  A77. Specifically in the focus area.  I am still trying to nail down the best choices

to take birds in flight, planes in flight with sharp focus using my SAL70400G2 lens and others.

The same methods I used on the A77/A900 do not work on the A77MII.  :o(

I am annoyed at the lackluster remote capability (tethering...remote) on this new camera but enjoy all the other features.

Also wish they had USB3.0 (files especially video take long time to download)

The larger buffer is nice, once :o)

Looking forward to lots of info, tips, and tricks.  and GREAT pictures from everyone.

Frank

Washington State

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hello from Russia! I am Ron, you can find information about me tags - UA0FE and RX3OO. Born in Sakhalin island, but for several years I live in Voronezh. Fan of Sony cameras. Used dslr a300 slt A37 a77 and now my favorite ILCA77M2. Very passionate about street photography.

Greetings from Finland!

Where are you from?
Well, I'm living in Finland :)

Why did you join?
To see where it will lead me. New forum, new possibilities and in those maybe a possibility to find the right place to talk and share...

Nope, though I'm thinking about it but do not feel this need yet. I'm sorry to say that I rarely found online critics very necessary or useful.
It's maybe just me, I just live photography in a more simple way. Nothing is universal after all...

I'm just a recent hobbist, very few experienced but glad to learn and to enjoy his camera (APSC, what fits me well for now). I do mostly night landscapes, or pretend to : )

• 2 weeks later...

Hello from southern Oregon (USA). My name is James. Been shooting for 50 years as an advanced amateur. Stow using the Sony A77 and just purchased the A77 ii.

Have quit a few Minolta lens, including big glass (used to shoot wildlife in Alaska when I lived there). Joined to keep up to date on sony developments and gain from others insights into low light capabilities of various Sony cameras. No blog or Flickr photos at this time.

Primary interests are in astrophotography, night landscape using or light painting, low light photography and travel photos.

If anyone is interested in company  shooting the Milky Way or other night photography on the west coast let me know!

What about a short introduction of you?

Where are you from?

Why did you join?

• 1 month later...

Hello Sony users I am Don from Atlanta, GA.

I am the happy new owner of a Sony A6000,

I previously owned a Sony SLT AV 55.  I have previously used Canon bodies and lenses for several years.  I moved to the sony A6000 after viewing several reviews on You Tube, notably Gary Fong's reviews of the A6000, and the review by Patrick Murphy-Racey who described how he now uses an A6000 after being a Nikon shooter for years.  Patrick is also a sports shooter his detailed You Tube also may have sealed my purchase of the A6000. His vid gives the settings he uses to take sports photo.

I took my A6000 to the Georgia Dome on New Years eve and took a few shots of the Peach Bowl game. I use the term game loosly it was a track meet for TCU, 

I shoot sports and event photos.  I shoot at the school level and below.  I have shot football, basketball, baseball, soccer. 

My work is uploaded to www.deseventphotos.zenfolio.com