Sony Remote Commander & A7RV

Hello:

I had successfully paired my A7R3 to the Sony Remote Commander. NOW, I have attempted to pair the same Sony Remote Commander to my A7RV, without success. I followed ALL steps from Sony literature and my A7RV says that it IS paired to the Remote Commander, but does not fire camera. I cleared network settings, redid the process with the same negative result.  

After pairing (unsuccessfully) to the RV, I tried shooting with the A7R3 and it doesn’t fire, which IS the correct beacause the commander is now paired to the RV, even though it will not fire.  So I would assume that is not a conflicting issue.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Ski542002
Forgot a line of text.

I don't have a Remote Commander, but I read on dpreview that there is a separate menu to where the pairing is done :

Network icon (green globe), 2: Transfer/Remote menu, Bluetooth Rmt Ctrl submenu. This item has to be turned on. Just in case you missed this ....regards Chris

Hey, thanks for the clarification.  This item was turned off.  I cycled the menu item on.  Still didn't fire until I re-paired the commander.  Now it triggers the camera as it should!  I don't know if this issue is specific to the 7rV, because I never had to do with my A7R3 or my now retired A73. My instructions for pairing were pulled from the commander menu which I'm guessing has not been updated?

My complaints for the excessively unnecessary amount of features on Sony cameras continues!   This new menu system on the RV is not better, it's just different than previous iterations.  NOW, I have the confusion of trying to get my backup A7R3 menu commands in a similar location on the camera as they are on the RV.   GRRRRR. Have been with Sony since 2018 and still get confused during a shoot.  Frustrating and a subject for another thread that I'll eventually start.

Overall love the RV, but still doing massive reviews and system tweaking to avoid confusion when I have my first big 2-camera shoot (7RV & 7R3) coming up soon.

I greatly appreciate your update! Onto the next problem :~D