Do FFs activate AVC when controlled by Remote?

I have an A6500.  It has a great camera, except for one glaring horrible problem.  When using an external mic and any kind of remote control program to shoot video, the camera turns on AVC (Auto Volume Control. Also called, Adaptive Volume) at MAX level.  The effect of this is as soon as there is a period of silence for more than one second, the camera automatically increases the volume to max sensitivity, and so when you start talking again, it blows your ear drums out for a few seconds until the AVC reduced the volume.  It is horrendous!  It is like riding an audio rollercoaster when listening to the recording. 

Take note that, this does not happen when using the onboard camera controls to record video, only when you control the camera remotely, whether with PC or a smartphone, wired or wireless, it does not matter.  Any attempt to use a remote control to record video, while using and external mic the camera commits this egregious audio sin.  

I am looking to upgrade to a FF, but I need to know for 100% certain that FF Sony cameras do not do this.  It is an absolute deal-killer for me.