Can one change to aperture/shutter priority if memory dial i

rda

I'm a bit confused/frustrated with the way it seems the memory settings work on my A7RV.Unless I'm wrong, it seems that you can only recall a saved setting when on the 1, 2, or 3 Memory Dial, but not on "M", "A", or "P".

This means that if you want to make certain changes from a saved setting, you have to do all your settings from scratch.For example, if I saved my memory 1 setting with manual aperture and shutter, I don't see a way to keep all my settings in tact, but change it to shutter or aperture priority.

I'd have to turn the dial to "A" or "S" and plug in all my settings and then resave to memory 1 and then do it all over again to change it back. You can change a number of things when in a memory setting, but some not.

What's a way around this? Or am I doing it wrong?

Thanks!

When you select a MEMORY mode, it pulls up what you saved into that MEMORY setting, so if you want to make a change in something, you have to do it manually -- and if you change something that conflicts with another setting, it will make changes as well.

That's the whole point of a MEMORY select -- to save the settings you want.   If you want something different, save those different settings.

You can change some things in a memory mode by moving the dial to that mode, making the change, and saving it again. You can change the Subject Recognition choice, for example: I have one memory mode set to People, and one to Animal/Bird, and I change that temporarily by simply changing it, and I could make the change permanent by saving ti.

The exception is the shooting mode on which the memory mode is based. The only way to change that is by setting up the camera in the shooting mode you want, then save it to the memory.