A7RV For BIF

I am posting three images that I also posted on DPreview (my first post of images on Sony Alpha Forum - test for me).

I used my A7RV in APS-C mode (APS-C crop 26MP = 32.6MB).  Lens was my FE 70-300mm f/4.5 -5.6.  All images were shot handheld 1/2000 sec, f/5.6, Auto ISO between 160-200.  In post processing I did a huge amount of cropping.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Also trying to see if I can share a link from my Google Photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/8T6YkwawPSs1zkSg8

Edited by Willy79

1 hour ago, Willy79 said:

my first post of images on Sony Alpha Forum - test for me

Check. Looks as if this works for you ;)

Feel free to post much bigger images, our system renders a preview the thread and a better quality for the lightbox view.

Andreas

2 hours ago, SAF Admin said:

Check. Looks as if this works for you ;)

Feel free to post much bigger images, our system renders a preview the thread and a better quality for the lightbox view.

Andreas

I have look around on the site but don't understand how to get to the lightbox view.

Hi Willy,

Per Andreas' suggestion, it would be nice to see higher res versions of your images embedded here. FWIW, if I click the images you've posted, I get an enlargement viewer, but it contains the same preview-sized image that appears inline in your opening post.

Meanwhile, before acquiring an a1, I did quite a bit of BIF (and other wildlife) using an a7Riii. The keeper rate with the a1 is (not surprisingly) higher, but the a7Riii was nevertheless fairly capable. From all I've seen, the a7Rv would be at least as good as the a7Riii, if not better (especially in terms of AF and tracking). Plus the extra resolution would be a help when cropping is required.

SilvanBromide, unfortunately on this forum I have not been able to post larger images.  Although, you can see larger images on the link to my Google Photos along with image date.  I hope this helps.  I love shooting with my A7RV.

•  

On 3/24/2023 at 12:10 PM, SilvanBromide said:

Hi Willy,

Per Andreas' suggestion, it would be nice to see higher res versions of your images embedded here. FWIW, if I click the images you've posted, I get an enlargement viewer, but it contains the same preview-sized image that appears inline in your opening post.

Meanwhile, before acquiring an a1, I did quite a bit of BIF (and other wildlife) using an a7Riii. The keeper rate with the a1 is (not surprisingly) higher, but the a7Riii was nevertheless fairly capable. From all I've seen, the a7Rv would be at least as good as the a7Riii, if not better (especially in terms of AF and tracking). Plus the extra resolution would be a help when cropping is required.

Nice stuff on your Instagram acct. 

• 2 months later...

Nice!
I am testing with the same birds and gosh... herons are really not easy to photograph. Shy and fast!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!