Need guidance for autofocus on A77 II...

WakkoWarner

I recently upgraded from an Alpha A65 to an A77 II.  I mainly use the camera to photograph things at a warehouse to list online.  The lighting isn't great (4 lamp fluorescents overhead), but it's what I have to deal with.  I always shoot on a tripod while using a remote shutter button.  With my A65, I would occasionally get a picture that was out of focus.  With the A77 II, it seems that it is happening a lot more (I used it for the first time at the warehouse today).

Since this camera has quite a few more features than the A65, can someone assist me with getting the autofocus settings right?  It is currently set to AF-A, with the focus area set to Wide.  AF Track Duration is at 4, and the metering mode is set to Multi.  DRO/Auto HDR is off, and so is Center Lock-on AF.  There are so many new settings, that I am not sure what I should change.  The lens I am using is a Sigma 18-300 (I have to zoom in on most items to get manufacturer labels, blemishes, etc.).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by WakkoWarner

• WakkoWarner changed the title to Need guidance for autofocus on A77 II...

If shooting from a tripod, I'd try AF-S with spot focus (center or flexible spot) instead of wide. Also be sure to turn steadyshot (optical image stabilisation) off when shooting from a tripod.