Sharpness Issues With Sigma 150-600 Dg DN Os

I just purchased the Sigma 150-600 DG DN OS for my A7iv and finding many of my images are extremely soft or out of focus, especially at the long end. All images were shot on a tripod or hand held at 1/800 to compensate for motion blur. All are at F8. I have tried 3 different lenses all the same result. Has anyone else had this issue? 

When used on a tripod, STEADYSHOT should be turned off.

You stated "3 different lenses".  Were they all the same lens or different focal lengths?  If different what were they. 

All we can do is guess based on the limited information you have provided -- such as What focusing mode are you using?  What exposure mode?  Etc.

If all three lenses produced the same out-of-focus results in manual-focus mode, I'd suggest the problem lies with the diopter setting of the viewfinder, or your vision -- focusing screens for auto-focusing cameras are not perfect for manual focusing.

I assume your camera is like mine, and gives you a GREEN LED for in-focus verification -- EVEN IN MANUAL FOCUS MODE.  Was this LED lit when you took the pictures?

If the lens produces sharp results in auto-focus mode, but not manual-focus mode, then the lens is not the problem.

Edited by XKAES

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hi, I do not have this lens but on reading this problem with "3 of the same model lens" but not the Tamron I did a search and found that there is a firmware upgrade for this lens to correct a focus issue on Sony cameras. See the following :

https://www.sigma-global.com/en/lenses/s021_150_600_5_63/?tab=support&local=firmware

Maybe this is it ? If you are at this firmware already , I suggest you contact Sigma. Hope thishelps