Nikon D780 - what is the equivalent Sony Mirrless Model?

RAJESH

Unless you can buy the Nikon cheap 2nd hand, I'd strongly advise against investing in the derelict Nikon F-mount. If you already own a lot of F-mount lenses, it could be interesting for you to buy a Nikon Z-mount camera (such as the Z6ii) and use an FTZ-adapter to use your old lenses.

If you're not invested in any camera system at the moment, it's totally up to you if you want to invest in any of the fullframe mirrorless mount systems (Canon RF, Nikon Z or Sony E). All have comparatively good cameras and lenses, but each system/brand has some pros and cons. In Sony E-mount, the A7iii is fairly similar to the Nikon D780. Might wanna get the A7iv if your budget allows.

I see the Nikon you are looking at is a 24Mp sensor camera with 51 point auto focus for around £2000.

The following comments come from a Sony user, who has never used a Nikon.

It looks to me, the A7iv  with 33Mp back illuminated sensor, 750 phase detection AF plus amazing AF features - the extra £400 is more than worth it.

But the A7iii is still available at £1,750 - which still looks better than the Nikon

If you want even greater resolution but can't afford the latest A7R (v or iv) you can still buy the 42Mp A7Riii for £2250 (or less if you shop around)