A68 RAW not recognised by Lightroom and DxO

My daughter has had an Alpha 65 for a few years now and always used Lightroom 6 and DxO 10 for editing.
The A65 started having problems a few weeks ago, it decided to focus on the background instead of the centre when it was on spot focus. More than it was worth to get it fixed so she bought an A68. However, neither Lightroom nor DxO will recognise the A68 RAW format.
My question is this, is there an additional or updated plug in for Lightroom to recognise the A68 format of RAW??? When we bought the A68 we really weren't expecting it to be different format of RAW.

• 1 month later...

Adobe added support for the Sony A68 to Lightroom and Photoshop in 2015, which is the year the A68 was announced.

You can check camera support for Adobe products here: https://helpx.adobe.com/au/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

According to that page, you need Lightroom 1.0 / Lightroom Classic 2015.4 / Lightroom Perpetual version 6.4 - I honestly do not know which of those version numbers applies to your daughter's version of Lightroom.

The software developers add new cameras as they get the chance to do so, and they generally add support to the version of the software that is current at the time. They carry the support forward as they release new versions of the software, but they don't go back and update older versions of the software. If you haven't come across this before, you may be disappointed, but things have been like this since at least 2005 - when you buy a new camera you may need to buy new software (or at least a new version), or look for other options. There are free software packages if you don't want to buy new software.

Back when Photoshop and Lightroom only changed version every 3 years, you might get lucky, and find support for your new camera included in your current software. Now Adobe don't sell a new version every three years - instead you subscribe for a monthly or annual fee, and you get all the updates. Some people complain about the subscription, but I have found it convenient - I don't face having to fork out hundreds of dollars every 3 years - I just pay a much smaller amount once a year, and I can plan for it. If your daughter is a student, she may even qualify for a discounted educational fee.

If it turns out that your daughter's Lightroom 6 is the same thing as Lightroom Perpetual version 6, then it may be as simple as downloading an update to the software to take it up to 6.4 (or above). That's if there are updates available for her version.

I'm currently using DXO PhotoLab version 5 (version 6 is the latest). I don't know what DXO 10 is, but I'm going to guess it pre-dates DXO PhotoLab. I did some googling, and it looks like Sony A68 support was added in DXO OpticsPro 11.1 - if your daughter's software is DXO OpticsPro, then she will need a new version, if it is available. I did find that DXO PhotoLab has supported the A65 and A68 since version 1.0. She could download a version of DXO PhotoLab to try it and see if she likes the software, but I think she'd have to buy it after the trial period to keep using it (I don't know if they offer upgrades from Optics Pro - worth asking). PhotoLab does include very capable noise reduction software, and I find it rather easy to use, but it is probably different from the software she is used to using.