Loose HDMI port on FX3?

Is it normal that the HDMI output on a FX3 is loose and wiggles?

When i connect a Atomos monitor with a brand new coiled Atomos 4K60p 30cm cable it keeps connecting and disconnecting. I don't think it's the HDMI because it's very secure on the monitors output - but on the FX3 it wiggles a lot. I have switched the HDMI cable around and it's still the same problem. Secure on the monitor but wiggles on the FX3.

I've already ordered a cage with a HDMI clamp and this will fix the problem i think. But it just seems so wierd to me to make a HDMI output that is unusable without a clamp? Or is the Atomos cable just made in a way to "protect" the camera? But that also seems wierd because it's very tight and secure on the monitor itself, shouldn't that also be loose then? 😅

Thank you 🙂

Try a different HDMI cable other than the Atomos one and see if it's equally loose.

Regardless, cage or no, I never plug any cable into a camera without some kind of strain relief. Twenty bucks from SmallRig or seven from Tilta (lousy design as you need your toolbox handy to affix it) keeps it out of repair sick bay to get it fixed should it get out of whack from not using one.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!