Lines on pictures. Repair tech doesn't know why

mattdean

Hey there. I have had an a7Riii for 4 years now. Just this year I have started getting horizontal lines across all my pics. They are a series of dots in a line actually. I tend to shoot longer exposures at f16 for landscape and real estate pics. The repair centre said I needed a new sensor ( cost $1220! ) but after it was replaced, the lines were still there. They have no idea why. They said it is just part of the technology, but if that was the case, why nothing for 3 years. 

Anyone experience this before?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I too have a 4 year old a7rIII and have tried to duplicate the issue using a variety of light sources, speeds and aperture settings (16-35 f2.8 GM) without success. I presume that you have been otherwise using the same lens, card and image processing software. Frankly there are so many variables that it's difficult to pin down the issue.

Wish I could be of more help.

2 hours ago, Bokehbobo said:

I too have a 4 year old a7rIII and have tried to duplicate the issue using a variety of light sources, speeds and aperture settings (16-35 f2.8 GM) without success. I presume that you have been otherwise using the same lens, card and image processing software. Frankly there are so many variables that it's difficult to pin down the issue.

Wish I could be of more help.

Thanks for trying. Yes, nothing has changed and I have tried different lenses, just in case, and still the same issue. Can't imagine a 4 year old camera this expensive would be unusable. Hope the techs figure it out! Cheers.

• 2 months later...