Acceptable Noise Level A7IV 4k Video

fredyeah

Hi all, 

I just upgraded from my Nikon D3100 to an A7IV (I know big upgrade 😂). Since I've never owned a nice full frame from the A7 line (or at all), I have no frame of reference for what an acceptable noise level is on this camera. I have to say, I'm a bit skeptical of the results I'm getting, especially in comparison to results I see on Youtube and such from the same camera. My questions are essentially, is the amount of noise/grain in these samples a "normal" amount of noise? Am I doing something terribly wrong while shooting and/or in post? Could the camera potentially have a defective sensor? Have I set my expectations too high? 

These are all stills from videos shot in mid-day indirect sunlight with ISO around 3200 (second native), except for the one with the blue locker which was an indoor lowlight shot at ISO 25600. All of them were S-Gamut3.Cine S-Log3 and monitoring as Rec709 in Davinci Resolve when taking the screenshot. 4 of them were shot with a vintage lens, the one with the orange dumpster was shot with the kit lens. All were over exposed by 1-2 stops. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aGNSkOdmiFwrbr8zOa4xZWpr3o65-S8d?usp=sharing