ERROR: A7S III “Writing to the memory card was not completed correctly. Recover data?"

Raglo

I just got the A7S3 and I’ve been getting this random memory write error. Mid video recording it just says “Writing to the memory card was not completed correctly. Recover data?” And I’ve basically lost that clip. I've tried different memory cards and I still get the same issue. I cannot replicate it and do not know why or when it will happen. It has happened about 4 or 5 times till now and I have lost important videos that don't get saved properly. This is completely unacceptable from a professional camera of this price. Does anyone else have this issue?

Sony says that users have to use (for high bitrate videos) specific cards. In perfect environment, that is it. Unfortunately; on both A7ii and A3K I had that (frustrating) experience that (must say; very rarely) writing to the card failed.

In-box software is trying to recover data; sometimes it is doing it well.

I am using Contact Spray, very carefully, cleaning inside contacts and contacts at cards as well, then reseating cards few times. There must be no mess with the fluid, it should be dried.

Have to emphasize again; the process must be done carefully (different example: network fiber optic components for high speed data transfer; very expensive; may have dark spots even after being just unpacked, brand new; as visible at many (visual, photo) tests, using tools for that - after that, cleaning must be done, again by specified procedure).

Also, other issue is that on number of (not only) Sony cameras, video time length is limited (time), it's being specified in manuals. A7S3 has (should have) 13 hours (for single video). Must be enough.