How to Carry A7 IV

Friends,

My last four cameras were smaller than this full frame A7, and I used to carry them in a small to medium size nylon case that hooked onto my belt. Obviously this camera is too big for that and was wondering what many of you use that works on for you.  I got a Caden backpack that hold everything but I am interested in carrying the camera with one lens on hikes etc. Just curious what type of neck strap or cover works.

Thanks again for any suggestions,

Rob

Depends on what you call a hike.  If it's a leisurely stroll in a park with amenities nearby, just carry the camera around tethered to your wrist like this: https://www.amazon.ca/Wanby-Wristband-Stabilizes-Compatibility-Universal/dp/B07GJK5C6Y/ref=sr_1_9?crid=2UQJVWE7H14DV&keywords=camera+wrist+grip&qid=1657742531&sprefix=camera+wrist+grip%2Caps%2C156&sr=8-9 Of course, you will need to carry a bag of some sort to put the camera away in or in case the weather turns nasty.

If you hike in a remote area without amenities and you need your hands free to help you cope with the conditions, you will need a proper backpack with room for necessities like clothing, food and water plus have room for your camera gear.  Having a monopod that can double as a walking stick could be helpful too.

There are a million and one ways to carry your camera -- attached to your hand, shoulder, or neck.  As mentioned, what works for you depends on the type of situation you expect -- which, of course, can change.  Some people have more than one method.  I have wrist straps and shoulder/neck straps that I use -- and sometimes, neither.

And with any approach there are a ton of places to buy different gear -- some inexpensive, some absurdly high. 

Thanks for everyone who has responded!  I carried the A7 around last night to take pictures of the sunset and I appreciate everyone's comments with real life experiences! I'm not sure I like all the way some of the straps quick attachments to the camera. Hanh I have a backpack similar to that now looking for a strap or wrist strap. Thing is much bigger than what I'm used to!!  ha

The problem with asking a "What are my options" question is that you end up getting "Here's what I use" answers -- which, chances are, is not what's best for you.

Walk around the B&H website and you will see the hundreds of options you have.

3 hours ago, XKAES said:

The problem with asking a "What are my options" question is that you end up getting "Here's what I use" answers -- which, chances are, is not what's best for you.

But then "Here's what I use" answers with  'what I like/dislike" gives real life experience rather than promotional hype

2 hours ago, thebeardedgroundsman said:

But then "Here's what I use" answers with  'what I like/dislike" gives real life experience rather than promotional hype

Friends,

That is what I was looking for. I have already spent hours researching, reading and looking, and some buying but the users here all have a a camera. Like the peak design clutch had strap many like it but also many with a a7iv said it did not work well. I was just asking what some of you liked best.

Thanks to all who responded!

Rob