Can a6400 use real-time eye tracking when setup to be triggered with IR Remote?

Hey gang,

I routinely use my A6400 with the Sony IR remote to take progress pictures of myself relating to fitness.  I have continuous autofocus enabled as well as the tracking expand flexible spot which should do the eye tracking from what I know, however I don't know if this works ONLY if the shutter is half-pressed physically on the camera body.  I can't see the screen when I am taking the pictures with the remote in my hand since I can't flip it up when I use the external hot shoe flash, so I don't know if the little green square is zooming in on my eye or head from across the room, or not.  If not, is there a recommended tracking setup I should be using instead of expand flexible spot to make sure that I am in focus when taking these remote pics?

Thanks,

Jeff

I stupidly forgot to just turn off the AF w/Shutter setting, and can see that it is now highlighting in white when it finds a face, but it doesn't appear to be tracking eyes or anything, so that part of my question still stands.  Thanks!

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

Hey gang.  Thanks.  Sorry, my brain didn't come up with just removing my flash from the hotshoe so I could flip the LCD screen up and over to see what actually happened when I hit the shutter button on the remote.  I am coming from a NEX-6 which didn't have the ability to flip the screen out like this.. or at least I wasn't aware it could do that.

I am happy to say that YES, it DOES zoom/track the eye as soon as you hit the button!

For reference, I am using the Sony RMT-DSLR2 IR remote.

Thanks again, 

Jeff