Sony A74 Screen Lines While Focusing

Any ideas? Brand new A74 that has less than 100 shutters on it and no video yet. I have a video showing it as well but file size was too large to attach.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

This was tested on multiple lens, as well as different focus settings and same results as well as lines being transferred to image just not as loud, or pronounced as the photo.

Edited by evlevo

New? Send it back and exchange for another one.

Bought A7Sii local a few years back. Within two weeks it developed a blue pixel anomaly visible only shooting 4K. Visited camera shop, showed the problem, and they swapped it out for another one all within 10 minutes. THAT'S why I shop local... for the immediacy of things.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Could be a simple software issue but a hardware issue makes it more serious. You can try resetting camera back to default everything but I'd still worry me it could return. Start off fresh getting an exchange unit.

(Congrats on the cat. Not so much the camera.)

Edited by VTC

16 minutes ago, VTC said:

New? Send it back and exchange for another one.

Bought A7Sii local a few years back. Within two weeks it developed a blue pixel anomaly visible only shooting 4K. Visited camera shop, showed the problem, and they swapped it out for another one all within 10 minutes. THAT'S why I shop local... for the immediacy of things.

Could be a simple software issue but a hardware issue makes it more serious. You can try resetting camera back to default everything but I'd still worry me it could return. Start off fresh getting an exchange unit.

(Congrats on the cat. Not so much the camera.)

Thanks for the insight! I bought this new, however second hand so I contacted Sony. Hopefully it will be under a warranty repair. Lesson learned for business though.