A6500 body only accepts NATIVE lens

As the title suggests.. my A6500 no longer can communicate with 3rd party lenses!!! Works fine with Sony lens but not Tameron/Sigma

THE STORY:

Last weekend I took my camera to the springs for my girlfriend's bday; took loads of pics the whole day. It was hot out but never did I get the overheating warming. Also, It did not get close to the water. Sunday I go to shoot some and the problem showed itself for the first time. I have 2Sigma/1Tameron lenses and none of them were able to AF, MF or display the Fstop. I put the Sony kit lens on the body and it works like normal. Now the Weirder part.. For the first 5-10 seconds upon powerup I can check the version of the camera and lens through menus and it sees the lens! It lets me take pics. But then after 5-10 seconds the lens firmware version doesn't show up in menus and I get the "cannot release wo lens" popup when depressing the shutter. 

WHAT I'VE DONE: 

• Googling points to cleaning pins and contacts. I used Qtips with 91% alcohol and cleans both the contacts of the lens and the pins. Made sure no pins were bent, etc. Since Sony lens works though I did not pursue this cleaning avenue too strongly. 
  • I did a firmware update on the body from v1.03 to 1.06
  • Attempted firmware update on lenses but camera wouldn't see them long enough to update.
  • I took my gear to a local shop for further troubleshooting. We put MY 3rd party lenses on another Sony camera and the lenses all worked okay. We put DIFF Sony lens onto MY camera body, and THAT worked. We then put DIFF 3rd party lens onto my camera body, and my camera could not see the lens... so from those tests I concluded it is the body

The camera was bought used and out of warranty. I am an electrical engineer so I don't mind diving in to do a repair (not too deep though since I know these cameras are complex beasts)  

At this point I'm looking into getting a new body, but I wanted to ask to see if anyone else has come across anything similar.

Any suggestions? tips? advice?

I don't have your camera, but I've run across three lenses from reputable camera shops who said the lens works fine, but I could not get any of them to work on any of my cameras.  The three lenses were all the same Sigma 35-135mm lens -- but from three different sellers.  My three different cameras work fine with all my other lenses, but I could not get any of the three three Sigma lenses to work on any of my three Minolta & Sony cameras.

Just seems bazaar to me -- but I did finally find one Sigma 35-135mm  that does work on my cameras.  WHY??????????????

I had the same problem with a flash once.  It worked on all of my cameras except one -- but all of my other flashes worked fine with the camera.  It was simply that THAT camera and THAT flash would not work together!!!!

Baffling.