a7iv *mechanical* shutter banding

Hello,
I've found a lot of posts about banding that appears when using the electronic shutter. With my new a7iv I am getting the same result even while using the mechanical shutter. Turning Anti-flicker to ON has not made a difference.
I shoot in venues with mixed and unpredictable lighting, often in low-light, and with shutter speeds to capture movement.

Thanks very much for your recommendations.

Edited by hillfish
forgot a detail

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2022 at 11:57 AM, hillfish said:

Hello,
I've found a lot of posts about banding that appears when using the electronic shutter. With my new a7iv I am getting the same result even while using the mechanical shutter. Turning Anti-flicker to ON has not made a difference.
I shoot in venues with mixed and unpredictable lighting, often in low-light, and with shutter speeds to capture movement.

Thanks very much for your recommendations.

I've had the problem but only with the electronic shutter.  Since then I leave anti-flicker on basically all the time out of paranoia (even though I use the mechanical shutter more often now).  The camera seems to provide an indicator when it detects flicker and engages the anti-flicker feature.  Are you seeing such an icon and still getting the banding?

Have you tried disabling the e-front curtain as well as the rear curtain?