fm radio interference

keepcom

My sony alpha ILCE-7M3 receives strong FM radio interference every time a external mic is connected.

this interference goes directly to the original audio of the file.

The signal oscillates when you place your hand over the top of the camera. Has anyone had the same problem?
Has anyone had the same problem?

20 hours ago, keepcom said:

My sony alpha ILCE-7M3 receives strong FM radio interference every time a external mic is connected.

this interference goes directly to the original audio of the file.

The signal oscillates when you place your hand over the top of the camera. Has anyone had the same problem?
Has anyone had the same problem?

Hello thebeardedgroundsman! Thanks for the answer!
It happens very often but it depends on the location, but they are well-known radio stations, in addition to the fact that if I use another camera of the same model and in the same location this does not happen.

• 4 months later...

Hey, someone found any fix? My brand new Sony Alpha a7 III is picking up radio sounds every time I plug anything into the microphone jacket, doesn't matter if I plug a shotgun microphone, a lapela or a Sony Top line receiver, anything that I plug into the audio in jacket makes my camera record the radio signal... I'm getting the hole songs from the radio and they are getting record into the final files! This is just insane! There is no way for me to work with a professional audio recording on my camera...

All the ILCE-7M3 are like this? Or I got one with a fabric flaw?

I don't know what to do anymore... I'm from Brazil and apparently there is no more official Sony support in the country... I won't pay for to fix a camera that are still in guarantee period. My camera does not have more than a few months.

Please someone help me.