Sony wall charger

I had Sonys in the past but recently coming from Nikon.     I  have a love hate with Sony and I am a little put off that there is no charger included with the A7.   I have been hunting for a simple wall charger similar to a Nikon MH-24.  Very small,  no cords, no adapters,  easy to travel with.

I like to buy all OE stuff and not third party stuff when i can but i see nothing like this from Sony.  Any suggestions?   Size and simplicity are more important than capacity.   NO need for a multi battery charger.  This is more personal than professional.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

I'll add that it seems odd that Sony doesn't do a decent job of selling their camera accessories.  In the old days, when you bought a camera from Minolta, the back of every user manual would be jam-packed with info from lenses, to meters, to carry cases, to macro gear, filters, flashes -- on and on and on. 

It's obviously a conscious decision on Sony's part.  Go figure....it out yourself.

Maybe loose that 'wall' charger thinking. For one thing you'll always need need a wall. I can usually go all day on two batteries. One in camera. One in USB charger on smaller battery pack. If there's some down time I'll update the camera battery and charge in place. If I think it might not keep up I'll carry the double bay setup and the Ravpower in the backpack.

For that $45 Best Buy one you can get both the smaller power supply and a USB single batt cradle and never have to panic scanning the horizon looking for a wall primeval when the warning starts flashing.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hi,

I don't know about the original poster's thinking, but for me, I like the type of charger that I posted, especially when travelling, because I don't have to worry about keeping track of either a power cable for the adapter (in some cases) or a USB cable and someplace to find a USB port.  It's all a single item, and assuming it is 100-210V, I just the charger itself. 

I think the other aspect of what the OP was asking for was an actual Sony charger (vs. an after-market one).  I usually have both types. 

Jim

18 hours ago, ohaya said:

I think that this is the one you are looking for:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-w-series-battery-charger-black/4982003.p?skuId=4982003

"Sony W Series BCTRW charger"

Jim

Jim,

That is exactly what I am looking for but I do not think the W series charger will work with the A7 Z series battery?

I looked in the q&a in the link and someone said it will not.  Are you using it?   I had that charger with an older sony camcorder.

Chris

21 hours ago, Pieter said:

That one is for charging the (old) NP-FW50 battery. Original Sony charger for Z100 batteries is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-BCQZ1-Z-Series-Battery-Charger/dp/B06ZYSLXCY

you are correct,

but the charger in your link should be included with a $2000 camera.  100 extra is a joke.   also,, still requires a cord.

It must be a cost cutting issue for sony to not have the 2 prongs available to swing out from the rear.  It would be a nice option to use a cord if the outlet is hard to reach or the prongs if wanted.

I agree the charger should be included and I prefer the ones with the prongs that fold out. I did use the charger listed above but upgraded to this one that can charge two batteries at the same time or 4 x AA batteries

ProCube2

if you have an Apple iMac or iPad you can also use the charger insert instead of the Sony wire

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

As compact as these chargers are, they require space that is often just "not there", especially when having to charge also your phone, and maybe some other accessories.

I have been using Sony for a while (~ 10 years). By chance I came across a double charger, with switchable plates.

This is directly opposed to what you specified - meaning it is corded and is not compact, yet extremely agile ( you can buy plates for different camera firms for peanuts, and have something that serves you whatever the camera, LVSUN LS-PC201.

You can also chain-charge from it other devices.

This IS a 180 from what you asked, but ultimately, I think you will benefit from it.

The company's URL is: http://www.enlvsun.com/Products/UniversaldigitalDual.html

Sells on AliExpress, eBay & others.

Edited by SimpleUser

I second switchable plate systems! I've become impressed with the Watson modular plate series; they make a Duo charger and a Compact Wall Charger, each able to receive cheap plates to accommodate specific batteries. This is pretty cool when you have one charger and three different battery needs. The Duo is usually shared between the a7Siii's battery, and the Atomos Ninja V battery, which is a honker compared. That size battery also powers the Great Video Maker Slider (I know, that name gave me pause as well, but it works!). Now that I've acquired an old A72 for more "casual" photography, I ordered a couple of plates for THAT battery (NP-FW50) and what do you know, with a switch-click, I have one charger for three different battery types.

Pearson also uses the same plate system, interchangeably. 

The plates cost three bucks each at B&H.

Best as always,
Loren

Edited by Loren