Question re Sony A7R4A: Use IBIS and lens stabilization together ?

boblite

My Sony FE 4.5-5.6/70-300 G OSS lens has a switch on the barrel marked "Optical Steady Shot: On/Off"

My A7R4A has an option of turning IBIS (in body image stabilization) on and off.

Question: When IBIS (in body image stabilization) is turned on, should the Optical Steady Shot switch on the lens barrel be turned on or off?

Note: I have seen statements to the effect that IBIS and lens stabilization should not be used together. Does this apply to the A7R4A ?

There were a lots of discussions related to the Steadyshot IBIS and OSS  at Sony cameras, but for sure; both IBIS and OSS are used to have complete 5-axis image stabilization.

Unfortunately, there were issues at the firmware level at the start of implementation (now fixed). Some of those issues explained at Sony community pages.

The real value of the stabilization is clearly visible at the viewscreen (and viewfinder), using both types of stabilization with OSS lenses and IBIS body cameras, compared to, for example, manual lenses with IBIS turned off.

The IBIS + OSS is not "magical", but it is really helpful, especially when photographing at lower light environments.