Simple problem

My camera bodies (like my own body) are getting old and well used. Recently I've found the power switches are getting knocked on, when I take them in and out of my camera bag. Does anyone have a simple solution to stopping this happening? (other than being more careful!)

Edited by thebeardedgroundsman

The best (and not simple) solution is to create very specific layered cover, which would have spaces at all places where buttons and switches are, l saw few (handmade) made exactly for the purpose, not looking very nice (to say that politely), but - working.

After buying A3000 I did not have that issue at all (I did not have some good camera bag as well), but when A7II was bought, I bought very handy Lowepro camera bag, capable to take inside a lot, and, more important, I may place camera at different positions, so even, there was no issue about switching on or button accidentally pressed, I am able to find the best position of the camera inside the bag, which may minimize that possibility.

Buy a bigger bag or carry less in your current camera bag.  I carry my camera with the lens facing down in a camera bag, the only thing on top of the camera would be the camera bag's lid.  This way there is no errant piece of the camera bag dividers accidentally brushing against the camera's on/off switch.  Of course, this only applies to when I am walking about with just one body and 2 or 3 lenses in a small shoulder bag.  Anymore gear than this, I would use a backpack and being careful is about the only option.

Ah Ha! I've found my mistake... My bags/back pack are plenty big enough and I don't over pack them, but I DO use the quick access options, which are tighter than the fully open access. I'll just have to get in the habit of using the fully open access, when I plan a shot, although I will still use the quick access for those opportune shots thatI often take (the light being just right on the way to work, or the wildlife appearing near the road.).