Any certified Extended Grips for A7iv?

I assume you are looking for a battery grip for your A7IV made by 3rd party manufacturers?  What exactly do you mean by "certified"?  Anyway, Amazon.ca shows a fair number of battery grips for A7IVwith varying price points.  I would choose a grip that mimics the look and functions of A7IV's grip as close as possible, and looking at the pictures of A7III and A7IV battery grips, I don't believe they are interchangeable (as if Sony would miss the chance to milk more cash from our grubby hands!).

On 12/26/2021 at 1:02 AM, caseywilliamsphoto said:

Hey Team!

Just got my A7iv and love it, however I need to pick up an extended grip. I'd rather NOT pay the price for the Sony Extended Grip if I can help it - Since this takes the same batteries as the A7R IV and the A7s III, I would think the compatible grips for those should work right?

My Wife bought me this one (Neewer Vertical Battery Grip Compatible with Sony A7IV A9II A7RIV Cameras, Replacement for Sony VG-C4EM with 2 Packs 7.2v 2280mAh 16.4Wh Rechargeable Li-ion Battery) fits pretty well (a couple of mm off both ends and the back and the batteries work fine too.

Update to my Post above.

I purchased a Sony VG-C4EM battery grip as Camera World had them for sale at £289 with an additional £50 to be recovered under the current rebate scheme. So £239 for an actual Sony grip made it worthwhile to me.

In comparison with the Neewer grip, I noticed a number of things that were the same. Firstly the Neewer grip was almost exactly the same size and it had all the same number of buttons and control wheels. Where the Sony scored was the quality of the buttons and wheels which matched the A7IV and the fact that it is weather sealed (I don't believe the Neewer grip is weather sealed).

The big surprise was how well both the grips performed, apart from the slight differences with the feel of the buttons, they both performed excellently.