Sony A7IV unable to use Memory Card

JohnnyO

Hi all and Merry Xmas! I just received the new A7IV today and I have been unable to get the cards I use in my A7III to work! I’ve got the TOUGH G Series - 128GB SDXC UHS-II Memory Card SFG128T/T1. When I insert the card into slot 1 I immediately get Memory Card unable to be used message that I cannot get passed or around. The message stays up and the screen and I cannot get into the menu. I then switched the card to slot 2 and was able to get into the menu but the format function says it’s disabled. What can I do to get the card to work in my new camera? Thank you in advance!

1 hour ago, LiveShots said:

Is the card being inserted fully and in the right direction (instructions) ?

Most definitely. It won’t allow you to put it in backwards. Definitely locks in and I’m able to close the door after installed. I reinserted them into the A7III and they work fine. Any thoughts as to why the format function is disabled? Battery is fully charged.

1 hour ago, LiveShots said:

No idea, did you try formatting in the other camera then inserting them into the new camera.

Maybe there is a file on the cards related to the old camera that it can’t read.

I actually did try to reformat in the A7III and reinsert into the A7IV, same issue unfortunately. It works completely fine without issue in the A7III even after reformatting. Cannot get the card to read or the format function to work at all in the A7IV. I did just reorder a new card to see if it’s the camera that’s having an issue. Just find it hard to believe that you cannot reuse a card that was used in the A7III in the A7IV.

8 hours ago, ha404 said:

Yea my cards begin with TV which are the affected cards with issues. I did reorder 1 new card and I’ll have to get my other 2 replaced via the replacement program. I’ll update once I receive the new card and see if that was the issue.

More info on card replacement program 

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00246463

Just purchased the same card to use with my A7siii and it got stuck in the slot and I needed to pry it out with tweezers. Returned it to Los Angeles store I purchased from and their manager said they have lots of issues with those cards. It nearly broke my slot and the spring at the end that pops the card out. And mine was one of the new batches, not the recalled one. Stinks. Went with the Pro Grade fast ones instead which I've never used but so far so good.