Tower bridge at midnight with A7RII and Loxia 35 f/2

Was in a camera shop earlier looking for a smaller waist type bag like the Lowe Pro Inverse 100/200 and an assistant I had been chatting to a few weeks ago about the Batis approached me and said although he didn't have the Batis he did have the Loxia 35 f/2 and the Sony fit Sigma 35 f/1.4 (I have the LAEA4).  When he offered for me to have a play with it (he'd given me the 90 macro to play with the last time I was in, but although it's good and sharp, I was unmoved and I now have the Minolta 85 f/1.4 anyway.  My God it's tiny!  It reminds me when I first got the distagon which stayed on my 5D3 for ever.  Just a really nice focal length to have as especially with a fast aperture you can do lots with this FL.  I'd already bought it when he told me he had the Sigma.  I think he thought I would take both!I tried the Sigma and toyed with the idea of returning the Loxia and taking the Sigma.  The Sigma would be easier to use with the AF, and it's sharp - it a great lens (despite Ken "support my growing family" Rockwell describing the 35 f/1.4 Art as a sharp lens from a junk company. ).  What tipped the scales (quite literally) to the Loxia was the weight and balance of the Sigma + LAEA on my A7RII.  The Minolta 85 f/1.4  feels lighter and better balanced.  So although it's £300 more, I took the CZ Loxia.  Here are two images from tonight on Tower Bridge.  

1. A7R Loxia 35 f/2 

2. The clouds helped me to reduce the brightness of the moon acting like a GND!