Hello everyone! Need help at deciding what first lens to get

tdesws

I second that, and the Sigma 60mm would be nice for portrait on APS-C if you find 85mm too long. Heck, I use the Zeiss C/Y 60mm macro sometimes for portrait on FF, just because it's such a fine lens.

For landscape the 19mm Sigma still won't be really wide, if you love wide (and can handle it) I'd suggest the Samyang too.

Regarding the Minolta 85mm f1.7: while the description is to the point, it probably won't match the OP's price expectations (they went up quite a bit recently) and it's a serious chunk of glass and metal on the small A6000 – that's why I suggested the f2.0.

But regarding manual focusing, all AF lenses are "fly-by-wire" – the just don't feel like the mechanics of a Rokkor 85mm f1.7, not even close…

I second that, and the Sigma 60mm would be nice for portrait on APS-C if you find 85mm too long. Heck, I use the Zeiss C/Y 60mm macro sometimes for portrait on FF, just because it's such a fine lens.

For landscape the 19mm Sigma still won't be really wide, if you love wide (and can handle it) I'd suggest the Samyang too.

Regarding the Minolta 85mm f1.7: while the description is to the point, it probably won't match the OP's price expectations (they went up quite a bit recently) and it's a serious chunk of glass and metal on the small A6000 – that's why I suggested the f2.0.

But regarding manual focusing, all AF lenses are "fly-by-wire" – the just don't feel like the mechanics of a Rokkor 85mm f1.7, not even close…

Thanks for your help and opinions! I also want to say that I'm thinking about getting lens which will be usable with full frame in the future, because in a couple of years, if my photography hobby/job will be successful, I will want to go for the future A7s or a7s II, whichever will be suitable for video and beautiful pictures

• 3 weeks later...