The angry photographer

Yesterday I stumbled upon the angry photographers youtube channel. I saw some videos about magnetism, and he seemed to believe blood is ferromagnetic (it's not, otherwise MRI scanners would be a huge problem). Clearly an ignorant person but perhaps not ignorant (I mean ignorant, not arrogant, even if he is that as well) on everything, I thought. I kept hearing him talking about plato (the philosopher), and how he is fluent in ancient greek. Plato was actually quite verbose, most of his claims were nonsensical and erroneous, and if the angry photographer does speak ancient greek, or any form of greek, why does he pronounce ISO "eye ess oh"? On the iso website, in the about section, it clearly states how the name was obtained and it should not be pronounced in such a way.

Perhaps these are pedantic points to make, so I read a few more comments, and it seemed as though whenever someone made a point criticizing him in a logical way, he would reply with "I haz crazy" or "I have a sense of humor". Funny people don't typically need to tell everyone they're funny, moreover, crazy people typically don't tell people they're crazy either.

Someone commented on his weight and he said "what , skinny? no way, i better stop it". When you are vastly overweight (I don't mean this as an insult), according to any form of weight measurement (body fat percentage for example), losing a bit of weight would NOT make you "skinny". I found it offensive that he thinks you're either clinically obese or skinny and nothing in between. 

With this said, I replied to his video about the sony a7rII. I don't remember the entire reply, and it was deleted, but it was something like this...

1) You speak a lot of misinformation in your posts, for example, blood is not ferromagnetic but you imply it is.

2) You claim to be knowledgeable regarding the greek language but you mispronounce greek words.

3) You seem to want to be like plato, especially for his verbosity, but most of his claims were nonsensical.

In regards to the video itself

1) There's more to focus than autofocus, and there's more to autofocus than speed. i) mirrorless cameras focus much faster in live view mode as they're essentially always in live view mode, this makes them better for low down shots as you don't need to get on the floor ii) it is superior for manual focusing (not argued in his video but worth noting as it was mentioned in the comments) iii) it has superior eye focus and this is good for portraiture and street work iiii) it is more accurate in good light and does not require microadjust in the same way a dslr would

2) Sony offer smaller, lighterweight cameras with powerful performance. They're good for those that want to enjoy photography and travel a lot. This is something he clearly does not do, and this is evident by his weight. I do not say this as an insult but you do not hear of clinically obese people hiking mt everest for example. Perhaps there's been one or two, but I'm sure my point here has been made

3) For people with specific lens requirements, that know their requirements, and want to enjoy photography, these cameras are good

4) For those more interested in studio work and not leaving the house, they shouldn't even be using full frame anyway, a medium format camera would be better 

I'm not a fanboy. I only switched to sony because of size, dynamic range and a few other reasons. I was mostly happy with canon, except 1) People gave it dirty looks and this affected poses 2) It was too heavy to travel everywhere with 3) a few other reasons I won't get into.

My question is, is the angry photographer just a complete troll? Is he delusional? I am not flaming with this thread, I simply don't understand him really. My original post to him was better but I believe he deleted it.

His reply to me was

"Theoria Apophasis

I retired when i was 30. 

I used to work out a LOT (see early videos), but id rather be productive. 

You should make some videos refuting everything i said.............."

You can be productive and still stay in good shape.

edit, nvm. just saw his flickr

terrible work is terrible

Yesterday I stumbled upon the angry photographers youtube channel. I saw some videos about magnetism, and he seemed to believe blood is ferromagnetic (it's not, otherwise MRI scanners would be a huge problem). Clearly an ignorant person but perhaps not ignorant (I mean ignorant, not arrogant, even if he is that as well) on everything, I thought. I kept hearing him talking about plato (the philosopher), and how he is fluent in ancient greek. Plato was actually quite verbose, most of his claims were nonsensical and erroneous, and if the angry photographer does speak ancient greek, or any form of greek, why does he pronounce ISO "eye ess oh"? On the iso website, in the about section, it clearly states how the name was obtained and it should not be pronounced in such a way.

Perhaps these are pedantic points to make, so I read a few more comments, and it seemed as though whenever someone made a point criticizing him in a logical way, he would reply with "I haz crazy" or "I have a sense of humor". Funny people don't typically need to tell everyone they're funny, moreover, crazy people typically don't tell people they're crazy either.

Someone commented on his weight and he said "what , skinny? no way, i better stop it". When you are vastly overweight (I don't mean this as an insult), according to any form of weight measurement (body fat percentage for example), losing a bit of weight would NOT make you "skinny". I found it offensive that he thinks you're either clinically obese or skinny and nothing in between. 

With this said, I replied to his video about the sony a7rII. I don't remember the entire reply, and it was deleted, but it was something like this...

1) You speak a lot of misinformation in your posts, for example, blood is not ferromagnetic but you imply it is.

2) You claim to be knowledgeable regarding the greek language but you mispronounce greek words.

3) You seem to want to be like plato, especially for his verbosity, but most of his claims were nonsensical.

In regards to the video itself

1) There's more to focus than autofocus, and there's more to autofocus than speed. i) mirrorless cameras focus much faster in live view mode as they're essentially always in live view mode, this makes them better for low down shots as you don't need to get on the floor ii) it is superior for manual focusing (not argued in his video but worth noting as it was mentioned in the comments) iii) it has superior eye focus and this is good for portraiture and street work iiii) it is more accurate in good light and does not require microadjust in the same way a dslr would

2) Sony offer smaller, lighterweight cameras with powerful performance. They're good for those that want to enjoy photography and travel a lot. This is something he clearly does not do, and this is evident by his weight. I do not say this as an insult but you do not hear of clinically obese people hiking mt everest for example. Perhaps there's been one or two, but I'm sure my point here has been made

3) For people with specific lens requirements, that know their requirements, and want to enjoy photography, these cameras are good

4) For those more interested in studio work and not leaving the house, they shouldn't even be using full frame anyway, a medium format camera would be better 

I'm not a fanboy. I only switched to sony because of size, dynamic range and a few other reasons. I was mostly happy with canon, except 1) People gave it dirty looks and this affected poses 2) It was too heavy to travel everywhere with 3) a few other reasons I won't get into.

My question is, is the angry photographer just a complete troll? Is he delusional? I am not flaming with this thread, I simply don't understand him really. My original post to him was better but I believe he deleted it.

His reply to me was

"Theoria Apophasis

I retired when i was 30. 

I used to work out a LOT (see early videos), but id rather be productive. 

You should make some videos refuting everything i said.............."

You can be productive and still stay in good shape.

edit, nvm. just saw his flickr

terrible work is terrible

So you joined this forum to bad mouth another photographer and be all high and mighty and prove how intelligent you are?  Wow.  You (third person singular) can be stupid as well as intelligent.  If you wish to be taken seriously you should have many more posts under your belt and some way of having some credibility by sharing some of your work before you describe others' work as terrible.  

Also your comments about his weight may not be intended as an insult, but they are incredibly condescending.  Overweight does not necessarily mean unfit.  I've hiked over 40 miles in a day with a full pack of gear  with 5000 feet of ascent and I'm very definitely overweight.  

I don't know whether he is a troll or not nor do I care.  An opening post like this suggests we're looking in the wrong direction.  Perhaps you'd like to prove otherwise.

isheatroll is me. someone has tried to log into the account multiple times and now it's frozen. I just wanted to explain that because it might seem odd I have another name.

"So you joined this forum to bad mouth another photographer and be all high and mighty and prove how intelligent you are?"

No

"You (third person singular)"

I think you mean "one". I'm not trying to be a grammar nazi, but if you're going to be condescending with silly brackets, why not just say "one" to begin with?

"can be stupid as well as intelligent"

The definition of intelligence, is the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.

The definition of stupidity, in this context, is the inability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.

Draw your own conclusions on that.

"If you wish to be taken seriously you should have many more posts under your belt and some way of having some credibility by sharing some of your work before you describe others' work as terrible."

This is comparable to an appeal to authority argument. My post was not a request to be taken seriously. I gave a backstory of what happened and tried my best to replicate a post I made at youtube. I did so because I believed it is less likely to get deleted here. It had nothing to do with being taken seriously or appearing intelligent. 

"Also your comments about his weight may not be intended as an insult, but they are incredibly condescending"

Given the situation, and that I was replying to a post where he clearly insults slim people, I don't think there's any room for you or him to claim he has moral high-ground. 

"Overweight does not necessarily mean unfit"

You are wrong (in this scenario, with the body fat percentages we're talking about). If we're talking about BMI (broken, worthless measurement), then yes I would agree. Most boxers break BMI. I made no mention of BMI though, and someone as clinically obese as him, is most certainly unfit.

"I've hiked over 40 miles in a day with a full pack of gear  with 5000 feet of ascent and I'm very definitely overweight"

I'm in great shape, and if I did the same hike, I would likely feel much better than you, the next day. It is somewhat pedantic to argue about though. The majority of professional athletes are not clinically obese, if it wasn't a hindrance in anyway, people wouldn't fight to be in better shape.

"I don't know whether he is a troll or not nor do I care.  An opening post like this suggests we're looking in the wrong direction.  Perhaps you'd like to prove otherwise."

I don't care what you think of me. I've said very little in comparison to the thousands of videos he's churned out. It is sad if you don't care, because day after day, he churns out many videos, pushing fictitious information into peoples brains. Ignorance is one thing, but brainwashing is another. By all means though, keep believing what he says. I'm sure blood is just going to get sucked out of our pores if we put magnets near our bodies.

"I don't know whether he is a troll or not nor do I care"

Then why are you even writing here? By the way, there'll be information about a new zeiss lens next month (september). There's something for you to get excited over. I've also written some more posts on this forum, if it helps protect against ridiculous, off topic, illogical, nonsensical and absurd posts like yours I am happy

isheatroll is me. someone has tried to log into the account multiple times and now it's frozen. I just wanted to explain that because it might seem odd I have another name.

"So you joined this forum to bad mouth another photographer and be all high and mighty and prove how intelligent you are?"

No

"You (third person singular)"

I think you mean "one". I'm not trying to be a grammar nazi, but if you're going to be condescending with silly brackets, why not just say "one" to begin with?

"can be stupid as well as intelligent"

The definition of intelligence, is the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.

The definition of stupidity, in this context, is the inability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.

Draw your own conclusions on that.

"If you wish to be taken seriously you should have many more posts under your belt and some way of having some credibility by sharing some of your work before you describe others' work as terrible."

This is comparable to an appeal to authority argument. My post was not a request to be taken seriously. I gave a backstory of what happened and tried my best to replicate a post I made at youtube. I did so because I believed it is less likely to get deleted here. It had nothing to do with being taken seriously or appearing intelligent. 

"Also your comments about his weight may not be intended as an insult, but they are incredibly condescending"

Given the situation, and that I was replying to a post where he clearly insults slim people, I don't think there's any room for you or him to claim he has moral high-ground. 

"Overweight does not necessarily mean unfit"

You are wrong (in this scenario, with the body fat percentages we're talking about). If we're talking about BMI (broken, worthless measurement), then yes I would agree. Most boxers break BMI. I made no mention of BMI though, and someone as clinically obese as him, is most certainly unfit.

"I've hiked over 40 miles in a day with a full pack of gear  with 5000 feet of ascent and I'm very definitely overweight"

I'm in great shape, and if I did the same hike, I would likely feel much better than you, the next day. It is somewhat pedantic to argue about though. The majority of professional athletes are not clinically obese, if it wasn't a hindrance in anyway, people wouldn't fight to be in better shape.

"I don't know whether he is a troll or not nor do I care.  An opening post like this suggests we're looking in the wrong direction.  Perhaps you'd like to prove otherwise."

I don't care what you think of me. I've said very little in comparison to the thousands of videos he's churned out. It is sad if you don't care, because day after day, he churns out many videos, pushing fictitious information into peoples brains. Ignorance is one thing, but brainwashing is another. By all means though, keep believing what he says. I'm sure blood is just going to get sucked out of our pores if we put magnets near our bodies.

"I don't know whether he is a troll or not nor do I care"

Then why are you even writing here? By the way, there'll be information about a new zeiss lens next month (september). There's something for you to get excited over. I've also written some more posts on this forum, if it helps protect against ridiculous, off topic, illogical, nonsensical and absurd posts like yours I am happy

I'm no gear head.  And I have done two 40 mile days back to back, so your judgement about being fat equals unfit is way too generalist.  

You're the one that was condescending.  Grow up.  You moan about others making judgements about you, yet you are the one making the judgements about me and others without demonstrating any basis for that.

I've not watched his videos and the only one promoting them is you.

P.S.  The 'you (third person singular)' was deliberate - not to be condescending but to be crystal clear that the comment was not directed against you personally.  Thanks to the idiosyncrasies of internet conversation, using 'one' can be read as sarcasm.  

Wouldn't you regard it as stupid not to fully use the intelligence one has?

Context is a wonderful thing.   

I found this post over at https://www.reddit.com/r/fatlogic/comments/3icbig/fat_logic_in_photography/ 

• You are correct about magnetism in that a magnet would not draw your blood out of your body
  • You are correct about obesity of someone with his stature
  • It is not healthy to be as big as him
  • I am extremely obese, said no runner, swimmer, boxer, ever
  • I agree that only an obese person would brag about hiking for a couple of days
  • I can see that one of those little flip screens would help but I don't know much about photography
  • You are correct to make certain parts of your argument general
  • The human body works in a very general way
  • More calories in than calories out makes someone fat
  • Someone with a highly active lifestyle is going to burn those calories
  • Extremely obese people should not attempt to hike miles and miles, it does damage to their joints regardless of whether they think they can do it just as a normal fit person can
  • There are very good reasons fit people train and one of those is to not be injured

What you are not correct about is assuming he is a troll. Obese people of this nature are not trolls, they are delusional

@ANGRY:

A semi-entertaining thread. It's better than

listening to a bad bar band, but it cannot

compete with The Donald [unless referring

to the duck ... ]. I give it a 2.4 on the open

ended Rickles scale.

Anywho, "ASA" was never pronounced as

"Assuh,", but always spoken "Aye Ess Aye",

meaning "American Standards Association".

If you are unsure of the connection between

ISO and ASA, please delete your OP, curl

up and die.

Don't really know or care what you or any

one else reads about pronouncing "ISO" as

"eye ess oh", but considering that it stands

for "International Standards Association", it

is indeed "eye ess oh", even tho it's rather

convenient to call it "ice hoe". We used to

call "Duetsche Industrie Normen" "Dhinn",

don't ever recall hearing it as "dee eye enn".

We never called the Russian "GOST" scale

by any name cuz the gear that employed it

never worked reliably anywho.

There was once a "Weston" scale, but we

never called it "dubyuh ee ess tee oh enn"

cuz that would make beer shoot out of our

nose. We seldom even called it "Weston".

Look I'm just tryna get this loser thread up

to mebbe a 2.9 from a lousy 2.4. So, lets

have a little heart here, awright ?

As for Plato, he promoted a form of logic

that denies the existence of, and even the

possibility of, Conflicting Truths. So he's

a toadal dewshbag. Clearly, it's materially

selfreferentially undeniable that Conflicting

Truths are the very foundation of Existence.

Without them there'd be no Higgs Bison, no

endangered species, and no bebop.

`

@ANGRY:

A semi-entertaining thread. It's better than

listening to a bad bar band, but it cannot

compete with The Donald [unless referring

to the duck ... ]. I give it a 2.4 on the open

ended Rickles scale.

Anywho, "ASA" was never pronounced as

"Assuh,", but always spoken "Aye Ess Aye",

meaning "American Standards Association".

If you are unsure of the connection between

ISO and ASA, please delete your OP, curl

up and die.

Don't really know or care what you or any

one else reads about pronouncing "ISO" as

"eye ess oh", but considering that it stands

for "International Standards Association", it

is indeed "eye ess oh", even tho it's rather

convenient to call it "ice hoe". We used to

call "Duetsche Industrie Normen" "Dhinn",

don't ever recall hearing it as "dee eye enn".

We never called the Russian "GOST" scale

by any name cuz the gear that employed it

never worked reliably anywho.

There was once a "Weston" scale, but we

never called it "dubyuh ee ess tee oh enn"

cuz that would make beer shoot out of our

nose. We seldom even called it "Weston".

Look I'm just tryna get this loser thread up

to mebbe a 2.9 from a lousy 2.4. So, lets

have a little heart here, awright ?

As for Plato, he promoted a form of logic

that denies the existence of, and even the

possibility of, Conflicting Truths. So he's

a toadal dewshbag. Clearly, it's materially

selfreferentially undeniable that Conflicting

Truths are the very foundation of Existence.

Without them there'd be no Higgs Bison, no

endangered species, and no bebop.

`

http://www.iso.org/iso/home/about.htm

Because 'International Organization for Standardization' would have different acronyms in different languages (IOS in English, OIN in French for Organisation internationale de normalisation), our founders decided to give it the short form ISO. ISO is derived from the Greek isos, meaning equal. Whatever the country, whatever the language, we are always ISO.

You are wrong, and yes, someone that claims to be fluent in greek should know how to pronounce greek words. Nice try though but learn to accept when you are wrong. If you don't believe you are wrong, go to the link I provided. ISO is from the greek word, not an acronym of International Organization for Standardization. You are confusing apples with oranges

Are all these 1 post people the same? Maybe they need to get out to the pub and have a few beers.

Seems strange to me how someone can get so wound up about some crap on youtube..... There has got to be an infinite amount of crap on youtube to get wound up about if that is your disposition.