What new Sony Camera?

I have all Sony lenses.  With nature/sport photography having those extra megapixels is nice.  I have the Sony 200-600mm but when shooting birds and rowing events subjects tend to be far off.  Always can have better autofocus and really loved the Sony A7s I had for it's incredible low light abilities.  Attached is 100% crop just prior to falling in +50mph winds.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

As you say your A7Rii was beloved, (as mine is) I guess the 42Mp is a key feature. The A7R range seems to be the only option in your price range.

On the Sony website comparison details the only really significant differences I can see between the A7Riii and A7Riv are the extra resolution of the Riv and the extra £1000 on the price tag.

Personally, I always buy second hand from reputable dealers like MPB and then I can save the money for trips or better lenses.

In your position I would be tempted to get another A7Rii (around £1000 in excellent condition) because of familiarity with it - and the chance to get top notch lenses with the "spare" money

Agree on lenses!  Strictly a hobby out of control, lol.  Right now my lens line up is: Sony 28mm 2.0, 55mm, 1.8, Sony 12-24mm, f4 really love this lens, Tamron 24-200 and the Sony 200-600mm.  I know people are crazy about the new 1.4 type lenses but I'm really happy with what I've got.  I am not "easy" on gear so just get a little nervous about buying used equipment.

Would you consider a Sony RX10 iv bridge camera?  With 24 FPS, built in zoom, fast glass, etc. it is a very versatile camera.  I keep mine with me as the backup for everything, including the Sony a1 and big primes.  If so, you could pick it up along with the Sony 7r3, for about $4K.  I prefer the Sony a7r3 file size for carry around (ungripped) over the Sony a7r4.

Good luck!

I've had an A7R, A7R II and now an A7R III as well as an A7 III.  I like the A7R III for its high resolution and the A7 III for its middle of line 24MP.  I seriously looked at the A7R IV but decided its file size was a bit too much.  If I had the $$$'s I'd buy an A1!!

1 hour ago, TonySferrazza said:

Would you consider a Sony RX10 iv bridge camera?  With 24 FPS, built in zoom, fast glass, etc. it is a very versatile camera.  I keep mine with me as the backup for everything, including the Sony a1 and big primes.  If so, you could pick it up along with the Sony 7r3, for about $4K.  I prefer the Sony a7r3 file size for carry around (ungripped) over the Sony a7r4.

Good luck!

Yes, a great camera.  It is my grab 'n go camera and with its 24-600mm zoom it covers almost any shooting scenario.