FX6 and a6300 color MATCH

ph_LDA

6300 doesn't have the ability to shoot in the Cinetone profile whereas the FX6 does. I believe what you're looking to do is match the look from one camera to that of the other and that could be quite an undertaking if any of the many settings weren't dialed in to match as closely as possible. Gonna be a tricky task especially if the 6 was shooting in Cinetone and the 6300 was shooting in a standard, i.e. non-Log profile.

This is for future camera setting.

Of course 6300 can't shoot S-Cinetone, and I'd say it can't shoot s-log either (although the s-log curve could be selected from the menu, the 8bit profile makes it unusable but in perfect light conditions)

What I'm looking for is a custom color profile both camera could share (as to make the two footages straight out of camera the closest possible).

This is something I could achieve quite easily when pairing the a6300 with the other Alpha models, since they all share the same menu (in particular, the same PP - Picture Profile - Sub Menu), with the same presets and the same tweaking options (Black Level, Knee, Detail, etc). 

As a professional Alpha model, the FX6 shares its menu with the FX9, and has no Picture Profile sub-menu. Nonetheless, there are many tweaks to create a Custom look even if - or so it seems to a noob like me - there is less options than in the other Alpha models.

Apart from the S-Cinetone, (and s-log 3 of course), the FX6 has two other LUMA curves that can be found in every alpha camera: STILL and ITU709 (there is also a "Standard" mode, but I'm not sure what standard it is). The problem is: those Custom modes, even if sharing the name with the curves that can be found in the other Alpha cameras, don't look anything like when comparing test footage from the FX6 and the a6300. This must be because the color spaces are not the same, and of course coz they are different cameras (but as per the latter aspect, we should get "not-so-distant,-even-if-different" footage)

Since I can find STILL and ITU709 luma curves both on my FX6 and the a6300, I'm safe assuming that the two cameras can actually be matched, if one knew how to tweak both.

This is about an a6300, but I think it would be of some interest for anybody wanting to pair the FX6 with any other Alpha model (apart from those having S-Cinetone, of course), so I'm changing the Title Topic*

*edit: I can't find a way to do it, I'd appreciate a moderator to do it

Thanks for reading, for the answers, and for your patience with my English.

Edited by ph_LDA